ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 query ref Job change

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 query ref Job change

Post by Dublin88 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Has anyone changed jobs whilst on a Stamp 4? I need some advice on the requirements urgently please.

I have been on a Stamp 4 for the past 2 years having been on the Green Card Permit prior to that. Last month I renewed the Stamp 4 for a further 2 years. Note, I've been in the same job/employer since arriving in Ireland (6 yrs).

What happens if I change jobs? Does it make any difference if the job is in a different sector/industry to that I'm currently working in? Or if the role is not the same as I am currently doing? Can I remain on the Stamp 4? Or do I need to reapply for a work permit? I hope it's not the latter! Please advise.

Would I need to inform the GNIB of all changes? I've also applied for citizenship - would I need to inform the department of justice as well?

Thanks!

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Stamp 4 gives you the right to work for any employer of your choice. You can change jobs as many times as you wish and you dont need to inform INIS until your next renewal. As per citizenship, i suppose its right to always update them.
Its never too late

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am

Yes that's right. :)

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin88 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 pm

That's good news - thanks! :D

Is it fair to say that the 'Stamp 4' has the least restrictions (compared to the other stamps)?

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin88 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi again,

Ref changing jobs on the Stamp 4, I found the following forums and some users have implied that a work permit or green card is required if I change jobs - which conflicts with what the users on this forum have kindly posted (which I hope is correct!).

http://www.indiansinireland.com/forum/v ... =2&t=29129

http://www.newtotown.ie/visa-work-permi ... -2835.html

I cannot find anything definite on the INIS website that confirms that a work permit or green card is not required. I have tried calling them, but cannot get through to speak to someone. Have also emailed them, but am still awaiting a reply.

Has anyone received confirmation from INIS? Or has actually changed jobs whilst on a Stamp 4? Would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.