ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds - Conufsed on bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ganeshptrk

Maintenance funds - Conufsed on bank statements

Post by ganeshptrk » Sat May 21, 2011 11:01 am

I am ready to submit the application on 23-May-2011 through post. While checking the Tier 1 guidance second time, I am confused by following statement under Maintenance Funds requirement

168.Where two ore more pieces of evidence from a single account are submitted (for example two consecutive bank statements) we will assess the funds available to the applicant from the closing balance of the most recent document.

Now I get my bank statements monthly. And I am submitting 12 consecutive statements for the 12 months towards proof of earnings.

1. The same bank statements also used for maintenance funds. Is it acceptable?
2. In what context the above point (point 168) apply in my case..

thanks

pebb1e
Newly Registered

Post by pebb1e » Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 pm

1. The same bank statements also used for maintenance funds. Is it acceptable?
yes your can use your same bank statements as your proof of earning and for maintenance too
2. In what context the above point (point 168) apply in my case..
This applies to someone whose banking with two banks for e.g Barclays and HSBC. If the person's barclays bank statement comes on 20th and HSBC bank statements comes on 22nd than Home office will assess the closing balance from HSBC statement.

In your case if you are banking with two banks than its advisable to mention that in the cover letter so it will help the home office case worker to realise which statement should he need to see for the closing balance.
If you are not banking with two banks and just use one bank 12 month statements than you dont need to worry about it.

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks vey much. Appreciated