ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Years Rule to be scrapped (most likely) !!!!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

14 Years Rule to be scrapped (most likely) !!!!!!!

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:36 pm

"
Mr Hollobone: May I associate myself and my constituents with the Prime Minister’s words of condolence?
Under rules introduced in 2003, illegal migrants who manage to avoid the authorities for 14 years can apply for permanent stay, have full access to the welfare system and even obtain a British passport. Given that in the past eight years nearly 10,000 such migrants have won such rights, and with an estimated half a million illegal immigrants in Britain today, will the Prime Minister seek to change those rules and restore some sanity to Britain’s border controls?

The Prime Minister: My hon. Friend makes an important point. We have pledged to break the link between temporary migration and permanent settlement in the UK because we believe that settling in Britain should be a privilege, rather than an automatic right for those who have evaded the authorities for a certain amount of time. We are going to consult on further measures, including the future of the 14-year rule he mentioned, and make announcements later this year. We have already announced that there will be tighter rules for those wanting to settle here and have already implemented a new income and English language requirement for skilled workers who have been here for more than five years.

"

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: 14 Years Rule to be scrapped (most likely) !!!!!!!

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:"
Mr Hollobone: May I associate myself and my constituents with the Prime Minister’s words of condolence?
Under rules introduced in 2003, illegal migrants who manage to avoid the authorities for 14 years can apply for permanent stay, have full access to the welfare system and even obtain a British passport. Given that in the past eight years nearly 10,000 such migrants have won such rights, and with an estimated half a million illegal immigrants in Britain today, will the Prime Minister seek to change those rules and restore some sanity to Britain’s border controls?

The Prime Minister: My hon. Friend makes an important point. We have pledged to break the link between temporary migration and permanent settlement in the UK because we believe that settling in Britain should be a privilege, rather than an automatic right for those who have evaded the authorities for a certain amount of time. We are going to consult on further measures, including the future of the 14-year rule he mentioned, and make announcements later this year. We have already announced that there will be tighter rules for those wanting to settle here and have already implemented a new income and English language requirement for skilled workers who have been here for more than five years.

"
This Govt is trying to close every door they feel like just to justify thier election slogan of putting the migration back to ten of thousands from hundred of thousands. Most likely at the cost of swere damage to the economy.

First Tier 1 General, then totally shaking up of Tier 4, then Tier 2, then recently removed the right of appeal. The 14 year and 10 year will be their next target. I am sure they will try to stop the normal tier 1 general migrants eligible for ILR and who are not effected by the HSMP forum decission. Already the criminality treshold has been introduced. Now you need to prove your cohibitation with your wife at the time of ILR which was generally at citizenship stage.

I don't know where this all ends up...for me they have got the most incompetant policy makers... I don't know if they are making policies or writing jokes...if you have imported the point base system idea from Australia, then you must have imported the complete policy from them, atleast that one is time tested and running effectively in Australia....

With in last 8 to 10 years the immigration has changed so many times that even lawyers are confused...not to talk about PBS which is always in the line of fire.

Let's see where this all ends...
The question is... to be or not to be....

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:10 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:

"
This Govt is trying to close every door they feel like just to justify thier election slogan of putting the migration back to ten of thousands from hundred of thousands. Most likely at the cost of swere damage to the economy.

The 14 year and 10 year will be their next target. I am sure they will try to stop the normal tier 1 general migrants eligible for ILR and who are not effected by the HSMP forum decission.

My guess is that they will stop granting settlement in a year or two!!

All this negative press about immigrants is to prepare the ground work.

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:26 am

Aryan2013 wrote:
zahid.ali.anwar wrote:

"

The 14 year and 10 year will be their next target. I am sure they will try to stop the normal tier 1 general migrants eligible for ILR and who are not effected by the HSMP forum decission.

My guess is that they will stop granting settlement in a year or two!!

All this negative press about immigrants is to prepare the ground work.
what about 10 years long residence?any idea guys

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:33 pm

khan2015 wrote: what about 10 years long residence?any idea guys
My guess is that they will stop granting settlement for each and every route including 10 years in a year or two!!

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:
khan2015 wrote: what about 10 years long residence?any idea guys
My guess is that they will stop granting settlement for each and every route including 10 years in a year or two!!
It means they will also consider 10 year long residency and 14 years long residency in the upcoming consultation.In my last posts where we were discussing this issue one of the person was denying this this that they would not include this route in their upcoming consultation on settlement.
As Cameron has mentioned already they will look this route as well.
Thanks for this post.Its very informative