ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yrs ILR urgent help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam2011
Newly Registered

10 yrs ILR urgent help

Post by sam2011 » Sat May 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Hello, I have been living in UK for 10 years. I want to apply for ILR. but I renew my visa one time from my home country as I couldnt switch my Visa from UK. however I went back home for 4 weeks only to apply for the VISA.
I never stayed more than one month a year outside the UK. during the 10 years I was studying under student visa and PSW visa. however the first time I came to UK with my father under Exempt Diplomat Visa that is why I couldnt switch my visa from UK.

Am I eligible to apply for the 10 ILR

Kind Regards
Sam

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 21, 2011 11:40 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

joh118

Re: 10 yrs ILR urgent help

Post by joh118 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:44 pm

sam2011 wrote:Hello, I have been living in UK for 10 years. I want to apply for ILR. but I renew my visa one time from my home country as I couldnt switch my Visa from UK. however I went back home for 4 weeks only to apply for the VISA.
I never stayed more than one month a year outside the UK. during the 10 years I was studying under student visa and PSW visa. however the first time I came to UK with my father under Exempt Diplomat Visa that is why I couldnt switch my visa from UK.

Am I eligible to apply for the 10 ILR

Kind Regards
Sam
It seems fine. According to Chapter 18 - Long Residence IDI - 2.3.9 Time spent here while exempt from Immigration Control says that time spent as a diplomat (or I presume dependant of) can be counted as continuous lawful residence.

You must have not gone out of the UK for a total period of 18 months in the whole 10 year period and not a single period of longer than 6 months at any one time.

When you left the UK to apply from your home country, did you leave whilst you had a valid visa? Were all your visa applications made in-time?

sam2011
Newly Registered

Post by sam2011 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 am

When you left the UK to apply from your home country, did you leave whilst you had a valid visa? Were all your visa applications made in-time?
when I came with my father with diplomatic visa I studied at university. however my Diplomatic visa exempt had expired in April two months before my final exams. I applied for tier 4 through the university and I had sent my application in April through the university. however I have received email from the university after they have sent the application to the home office saying that I can not switch from Diplomatic exempt visa to student visa in UK so much better to withdraw the application otherwise they will refuse the application. also I had been told than you can stay 90 days after the expiring day with this visa. I went in the middle of my exams I renew the visa from my home country and I got back within a month. I stayed 60 days in UK after the expiring date of the visa . the reason of that my passport and application was with UK border agency and I was told you can stay 90 days legally after the expiring date of Diplomatic exempt visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 am

Shoul be ok (Annex C).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.