ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting my family to UK after getting ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robbyuk

Getting my family to UK after getting ILR

Post by robbyuk » Sun May 22, 2011 10:27 am

Hi friends,

After getting an ILR, how easy/difficult is it to call my brother and mother from outside UK to UK and on which visa?

Can I apply for their ILR passport while they are outside UK?
If no, which visa can be applied for them and what will be its validity?

Thanks in advance!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 am

Why leads you to believe that your mother and brother (who I assume aren't currently resident in the UK) qualify for ILR? I'm also assuming you don't mean ILR passport but ILR 'visa'.
How old are they both and who are they financially dependent on?
In addition to this, earlier this month you posted this:
My question is if I continue staying in the UK after getting extended for 1 year each, would I be eligible to apply for PR when I complete 5 years in 2014?
We've also had an earlier post from you where you say you will be applying for British Citizenship in awhile and another where you ask about moving to Australia? :?
You've already been advised that anything could change before 2014.