ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document requirement for UK visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soslana
Newly Registered

Document requirement for UK visa

Post by soslana » Mon May 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi there

I want to invite my mother in to UK for cople of weeks, we just had a baby and i wanted her to visit us. I`m from Georgia and hold UK residence card, my partner is from Latvia and our 7 weeks old son is British citizen. Here is the question: what documents do i need to send her that she could obtine a visa for 2 weeks? we also own the house as well. Im in full time employment and my partner is on maternity leave.

Any thoughs would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advence

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Document requirement for UK visa

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 am

soslana wrote:Hi there

I want to invite my mother in to UK for cople of weeks, we just had a baby and i wanted her to visit us. I`m from Georgia and hold UK residence card, my partner is from Latvia and our 7 weeks old son is British citizen. Here is the question: what documents do i need to send her that she could obtine a visa for 2 weeks? we also own the house as well. Im in full time employment and my partner is on maternity leave.

Any thoughs would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advence
1. Your status in the UK (British Passport or Permission to live in the UK)

2. Bank Statements

3. Letter of Invitation (bearing all costs of maintenance and accomodation)

4. Birth Certificate (just to prove the real cause of invitation) could be a copy notorized by Solicitor

5. Evidence of accomodation (Tenancy Agreement / Evidence that you own the property) listing the full specification.

6. Pay Slips

soslana
Newly Registered

Post by soslana » Thu May 19, 2011 12:49 am

Thank you very much for the replay. Becouse she will need to go to British Embassy in Georgia will the copies of all the documents do the job? I would avoid to send all the origanal documents(passport and birth certificate) by post.

Thank you

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 am

soslana wrote:Thank you very much for the replay. Becouse she will need to go to British Embassy in Georgia will the copies of all the documents do the job? I would avoid to send all the origanal documents(passport and birth certificate) by post.

Thank you
Yes copies would do too!! but anything from her part has to be original!

soslana
Newly Registered

Post by soslana » Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Thank you for the replay!

Ubsolutly... she will have all originals with her. Thanks for your help once again.

Kind regards