ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife applied for Spuse Visa...then I got made redundant!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taucher
Newly Registered

My wife applied for Spuse Visa...then I got made redundant!

Post by Taucher » Sun May 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Hello everyone,

Background: My wife is Colombian. She moved to England on a student visa in August 2008. We met in Feb 2010 and fell in love and became inseperable within about 4 weeks. In Nov 2010 she had to go back to Colombia (student visa expired) and we started a long distance relationship. However we were already engaged and I went to Colombia for 6 weeks in APril and we were married in Bogota at the end of April. I am now in London and she is Bogota.

Current situation: We made an appointment for the biometric part of the Spouse visa which was scheduled for Tuesday (May 24th).

BUT, I was made redundant on April 1st. My redundancy package is about £13,000. I was told that my Redundancy would be paid on April 26th so me and my (now) wife booked the Visa appointment for her to attend. However, with legal wranglings and some of my ex colleagues wanting to take my company to tribunal, I have not received the redundancy money and I am not sure when I will.

So, I am currently unemployed and I have no savings. When we booked the appointment for the Visa I was expecting to have £13, 000 in my savings account. But I have nothing.

We have re-scheduled the appointment for 8th June in the hope that my redundancy will be in my account by then. But if it isn't, do we really have a hope of getting the Spouse Visa granted?

Some extra info: My Wife has lived in England for 2 years and worked constantly for that time and always found employment - will that work in our favour? Also, although I am quite poor at the moment, my parents are very rich. They own two houses, one of which me and my wife were going to live in. As part of the application I gave details the house (land registry etc) and two of my Dad's bank accounts, one with £91,000 and the other with £200,000+. Is this enough it its own?

Sorry this is so long. Any thoughts/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

T

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: My wife applied for Spuse Visa...then I got made redunda

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 23, 2011 4:19 am

Taucher wrote:She moved to England on a student visa in August 2008.

My Wife has lived in England for 2 years and worked constantly for that time and always found employment - will that work in our favour?
So, was she studying and working within the allowed limit, or working full-time?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!