ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 06 Applicants Please post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purvil
Newly Registered

decision

Post by purvil » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:04 am

hi Avwifiguy,

Well From previous post from other members, I found out that they used to inform about the decision on phone. I am sure they should be able to tell you over the phone unless they have changed the policy.

I have tried knowing my progress but they would not tell me anything. So I sent an email asking them to inform me when decision has been made so I can arrange courier. I guess this way, they will have to inform me first before dispatching documents. :D

Are you from india? I am in Ahmedabad.

avwifiguy

Post by avwifiguy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 am

Hi Purvil,
I have tried knowing my progress but they would not tell me anything. So I sent an email asking them to inform me when decision has been made so I can arrange courier. I guess this way, they will have to inform me first before dispatching documents.
Smart!!! :) Yeah, I think this way they will inform you once the decision is made on your case.

Well there is a number on workpermit site,441142076020, on which previously they used to tell decision & some of our forum friends have got decision on this number, but I called up twice on the number but they said they don't deal with HSMP.

Yes,I am from India.

Cheers!!!

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is my time line:
-Fed Exed HSMP app - June 27th
-Received by HO - June 29th
-Fee withdrawn - July 12th-Called HO July 17 and was given reference # and was told a decision was made on July 14th and documents have already been sent to me via mail.
-Called again July 18 and was told the same thing but no one could let me know if i got the visa or not.

I am so anxious now the decision was made so fast and not one of my references was contacted. :|

I am so eager to receive my documents I hope i get it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Rocio
Houston, TX

Adil2006
Newly Registered

Post by Adil2006 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:58 pm

Hi all,

I am a new member to this wonderful forum which I have been reading for months and months. I actually first discovered this place by chance while I was doing my internet research on the HSMP and soon realized how valuable a guide it is for HSMP aspirants worldwide. Infact, this place was so informative that I did not need to post any queries as a simple search through the database answered all my outstanding questions and drove me safely to my approval.

Below are my details, but please excuse my unawarness of some dates as my case has been handled by a soliciter who made all necessary correspondeces.

Application: 14th June
In-country applicant
CC debited: 7th July
Approval: 17th July

Note: My case was labelled as urgent for employment reasons (job offer awaiting appointment)

I have one question now, will I need to leave and re-enter the UK when shifting from my current work permit to the HSMP? and what about my spouse?

Best of luck to all mates around, Purvil, avwifiguy (June applicants! :wink: ) and all others. Again, many thanks to all members of this forum.
Last edited by Adil2006 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rkc

Post by rkc » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 pm

My story so far:

Application received by HSMP: 27 June
CC charged: 12 July
Reference number received 18 July on phone. They claim to have posted it to me on 15 July itself though I had requested it by e-mail.
I am applying from India

regards

amberw

Post by amberw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:00 pm

Hi!
my documents are recieved by HO 14th June and CC charged June 15. Reference number recieved 17 June.
Today I called Ho and they told me that my case is now in second stage i.e. in verification stage. They said that it will take some time now.
I wonder how much time it will take?

thanks
Amber

busybee_kl
Newly Registered

Post by busybee_kl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:42 am

Hi avwifiguy,

To answer your questions. The envelope has HO name and embelm marked on it with the HO return address pasted on it. The envelope is a brown envelope with bubble wrap lining so it water proof. The only issue is that I had sent all my documents in a file with clear plastic jackets however when my documents came back there was no file, just a bunch of papers and certificates, maybe the file made the package too heavy. The papers and certficates were in proper order and well kept without any damage, tears or even creasing. So I think they do take care of the stuff.

Hi Purvil - they used to tell the decision over the phone but not any more, I asked a couple of times and they refused.

Hi Rocio - a reference check is not neccesary for approval, it is only to clarify something if required. I got my approval without any reference check. Nobody called my past or present employers who wrote letters on my behalf (I called them and asked)

purvil
Newly Registered

reference check

Post by purvil » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:23 am

Hi,

Well there has been third enquiries from HO team. They called up my work place asking for the person who has signed the experience letter. Once the call was transferred they said sorry wrong number and out the phone down. They seem to just check if the signatory person exist or not... this is very weird. I guess there will be one more enquiry from HO team...

Every time they have called they say they call from xyz company and want to buy some stuff...or one from bank asking to speak to director of the company...

well i am running out of patience...but can't help it...:)

Anyways , i will keep you update..

Cheers

rkc

Post by rkc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:46 am

Hi Purvil,

For of all let me wish you all the best in your application and lets hope you come out with flying colors!

I was just wondering, how can we be sure that these calls are from the HO if they claim to be from some XYZ company? If HO wanted to verify, wouldnt they do it offically from the British High Comission based in India?

I had this doubt as I have read so many other posts where they say that "application is up for verification with the British High comission of X country".

regards

avwifiguy

Post by avwifiguy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:14 am

Hi Adil,
The detailed guidelines can be found at

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html
Guidance Notes: Highly Skilled Migrant Programme guidance for applicants under 28 years of age (548 Kb) OR
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme guidance for applicants 28 years of age and over (511 Kb)

For Main Applicant:
What will I need to make an application if I am in the UK?
57. You should send separately to Work Permits (UK) at Durham, the following:
• A completed FLR (IED) form which you can download from the IND website or can obtain by calling the applications form line on 0870 5210 224. Please note you should submit your leave to remain application before your leave expires. The FLR (IED) form and accompanying guidance is available from the ‘all forms’ section of our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
• If you already have your HSMP approval letter from Work Permits (UK) you should enclose it with your leave to remain application
• The correct payment (For full details of the charges and documentation that you should submit with the FLR (IED) form, please read the guidance attached to the FLR (IED)form, which can be found on our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk under the ‘all forms’ section)

For Family Members:

Family Members’ Application Process
60. Your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner (see definition in paragraph 47 above) and dependant children under the age of 18 may apply to join you in the UK. If they are coming to join you from overseas they` must seek entry clearance for this purpose before they travel to the United Kingdom. If entry clearance is approved your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner and dependant children will be granted leave to enter on the same conditions of stay as you. They will be able to work if they wish. However, any employment your dependants undertake must not be necessary to support you or any other dependants.

61. If your spouse/civil partner/long-term unmarried or same sex partner and/or dependant children under the age of 18 already have leave to remain in the UK as your dependants, you may include application for leave to remain in respect of each of them on the FLR(IED) application you submit in respect of your own HSMP approval. If you and your dependants are granted leave to remain, your dependants will be able to work if they wish, although any employment they undertake must not be necessary to support you or any other dependants.
Cheers!!!

schin
Newly Registered

Post by schin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:34 am

hi all,

my timelines so far :

app received HO - 28 June
Ref no given 18 July. :D :D

I had been writing them every Monday morning without any joy. last wrote on 17th July, no reply so decided to phone +441142074074 instead and i got me ref no over the phone. at least there is some progress. they said they need 4-5 weeks to process the applications.

now I sit and wait and what a long wait that will be.... 8)

schin

winsome

Re: ref no

Post by winsome » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 am

[quote="winsome"]Hi All,

Here is my time line

Application recieved at HO: 30 June 2006
CC Charged:11 July 2006
Ref no received via email: 12 July 2006..

Now waiting for the result.... :)[/quote]

Hi All,

Today I called HO to enquire about my app and was surprised to know that decision has already been made on my application. My documents have been sent back on 15 July. Now I am really worried. How come my application is processed so quickly while others have not even been allocated case workers.. Is this an indication of rejection... :(

winsome

rkc

Post by rkc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:15 am

winsome,

Which country are u applying from?

regards

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 am

Hi winsome,

Do not worry , becouse if they feel no pro in application then they make decision very quickly , becouse one of my friend got approval with in two like ur case,so hope for the best.

winsome

Post by winsome » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:51 am

[i][quote="rkc"]winsome,

Which country are u applying from?

regards[/quote][/i]

Pakistan..

Adil2006
Newly Registered

Post by Adil2006 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:47 pm

Thanks avwifiguy, the documents were very useful.

All the best.

purvil
Newly Registered

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Post by purvil » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi

I am running out of patience now...HO started working on my application so fast and now they keep making enquiries.

I think it is because i have claimed 50 points for my experience. They have alrady made 3 enquiries. Let's see what happens.

Regards

dixitv
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by dixitv » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I got my reference number on 10th July. Got an email from HO today saying "awaiting allocation to caseworker".

Like all of you, I am wondering how much time will it take to get to the case worker.

purvil
Newly Registered

Enquiries

Post by purvil » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:20 am

rkc wrote:Hi Purvil,

For of all let me wish you all the best in your application and lets hope you come out with flying colors!

I was just wondering, how can we be sure that these calls are from the HO if they claim to be from some XYZ company? If HO wanted to verify, wouldnt they do it offically from the British High Comission based in India?

I had this doubt as I have read so many other posts where they say that "application is up for verification with the British High comission of X country".

regards
Hey RKC,

Well I do not know about other countries but In India first reference check is to find out that the relevant person is working with the XYZ company or not... if they say they are calling from HO then any can manipulate the answer...if you know what I mean.

Well I give you my example..I am working with this Pharma company in Ahmedabad as a General Manager for the past 10 years. First time when they mde reference check they rang up speaking in local accent asking for me. My PA answered the called and after they said sorry it is a wrong number. Second time they rang up at the factory and asked for me and said I am Mr. patel calling and want to buy some stuff, so whats to talk to me. So from factory staff said I sit in the main office. Third time they rang up and asked for the person who has signed on my experience letter. Once they got to know that this person does exist n working at the right place they said wrong number and put the phone down.

Till now they have made 3 enquiries just to find out the right place and person. I am assuming, there will be another enquiry asking for my duties. This time round they will say that they are calling from HO office or High Commission.

I hope this helps...

Regards

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 pm

Hello guys please help me
i am calling them daily at different time but no one is picking up the phone
these are the numbers

so if thier is any number please let me know.

winsome

Post by winsome » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:17 pm

Are you adding the out of country code with this number(if you are outside uk).. ?
If yes then my suggestion would be to call around 9:00 am uk time. I called thrice and got through each time...

winsome

Post by winsome » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:35 am

Hi All,

I got my approval letter on 22 July :D . For me it has been really quick call. Took around 4 weeks from the time i sent my application to getting the approval ltr. I would really like to thank everyone on this forum.. I have got great help from this forum in making a succesfull application..

winsome

purvil
Newly Registered

Decision

Post by purvil » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:27 am

Hi All,

There has been no progress on my case.HO made 3 enquiries confirming my presence at the company I work for.

It has been a week since they made enquiry, I haven't heard anything from HO as yet.

Getting bit anxious...

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Purvil

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:45 am

First of all Congratulation Winsome

and secondly winsome can u tell me that what proof u have submitted for income becouse i am little bit worriedabout mine
i have submitted attested payslips and salary certificate(Evidance from employer).

winsome

Post by winsome » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

Hi Sajid,

Thanks.. Yes I posted 12 months salary slips, Tax certificate(evidence) from employer, letter from bank and bank statements for last one year..

winsome