ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS after 6th april, applied on 6th april

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2seeker
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS after 6th april, applied on 6th april

Post by tier2seeker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know has anybody's employer applied for Unrestricted COS through SMS on 6th of april. And has they got the COS allocated??

How long does it take to get unrestricted COS if applied through sms on 6th april.

thanks in advance for responces.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:09 pm

apparently, its instant!

thats what someone else said in another thread.

im sure it will come up if you do a bit of search on the forum

tier2seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier2seeker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:52 pm

HI,

Thanks for your reply, in our case it wasn't instant. In fact it is more than a week now, but still no cos has been allocated to us.

Could you please point me to the post you are talking about I have done a search but all I have found is the post with the people who has applied for cos on or before 11th march.

thanks

Ash8
BANNED

Post by Ash8 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Yes, my friend has got one. It does not take long , i think its the same day u get unrestricted COS

Ash8
BANNED

Post by Ash8 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:55 pm

tier2seeker wrote:HI,

Thanks for your reply, in our case it wasn't instant. In fact it is more than a week now, but still no cos has been allocated to us.

Could you please point me to the post you are talking about I have done a search but all I have found is the post with the people who has applied for cos on or before 11th march.

thanks
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=75542

tier2seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier2seeker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

thanks for all your responses, it looks like there must be issue with our license or sms.

teryor77
Newly Registered

Post by teryor77 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 am

filled mine online today, send and got my COS certificate no in less than 30mins

tier2seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier2seeker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 am

teryor77 wrote:filled mine online today, send and got my COS certificate no in less than 30mins
Hi Teryor77

Sorry to bother you, would you mind to tell me how did u fill the request with exact steps, may be we are doing something wrong

regards

tier2seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier2seeker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi,

I have got this information from my HR

on SMS it is showing

Allocation Limit = 0; Allocation Used = 0; Allocation remaining = 0; COS requested=1

Has anybody got any idea what does it mean and how to get the COS in this situation.

Please help

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:03 pm

your sponsor. A-rated or B-rated?

that could explain the delay...

teryor77
Newly Registered

Post by teryor77 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

@tier2seeker,

am sure its the same step (s) for everybody, just make sure that the form is filled correctly with a correct SOC code and salary, for you request to still be showing pending, then the form is nor filled correctly or maybe there is a compulsory field that is omitted.

Allocation Limit = 0; Allocation Used = 0; Allocation remaining = 0; COS requested=1

my coy had some COS allocated to them, maybe that is why the COS certificate no was instant

ratapita

Hello

Post by ratapita » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 pm

tier2seeker wrote:Hi,

I have got this information from my HR

on SMS it is showing

Has anybody got any idea what does it mean and how to get the COS in this situation.

Please help
As mentioned once your employer has their allocation then you use the SMS to assign[/b] a CoS to you. This second process takes less than 30 mins. But from what you are saying it looks like your employer has not had any CoS allocated to them. For example if they they had asked for 5 unrestricted CoS and been given that , have not used any , it would show as
Allocations Limit= 5, Allocations remaining = 5

just double check if they had been granted their allocation and if not email - tier2limits@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck!

Tier2cos
Newly Registered

To Tier2seeker

Post by Tier2cos » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi,

I requested mine on 13/04 using the SMS online but have not yet heard any respond. Have you had yours by now ? Hope you have

Thanks

ratapita

CoS

Post by ratapita » Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, as I understand it, all the employers were approached by UKBA in March and asked them to apply for their quota of CoS, in March. Now, I don't know the exact system of applying for the allocation via the SMS, but if you have any allocated it should show on the system. Mine was delayed in applying for the CoS but , as my Visa was expiring on 9 April they got the allocation by mid-day on 08th-Still this was cutting things fine!
When does your Visa expire ? If your Visa is not expiring in the immediate future UKBA might take a bit of time in considering the requests.

Hope this help and good luck in getting it sorted out soon.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue May 24, 2011 3:13 pm

If the sponsor has an allocation of zero they have to ask for a CoS via the Sponsor Management System. In my recent experience our client had to wait about a week for an answer.