ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal effect on Sponsor visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Appeal effect on Sponsor visa

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I am on Tier 1 general visa and applied for my wife as dependant. Her application got rejected forcing 320A – the homeoffice claim that the wedding certificate is not genuine. We appealed against the decision because the marriage is 100% genuine.
Following the refusal the documents hold by homeoffice are the "original marriage certificate" and "sponsor supporting letter"

Although I am confident that I will win the appeal but was wondering incase I lose it then would it affect my Tier 1 extension?

Thanks
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Any body?
Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 pm

It is not you but your wife who will win / lose the appeal. She is the one, and not you, who is accused of providing a document that is considered not genuine by UKBA.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue May 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Much appreciated your reply...

It just make me doubt that why homeoffice doesnot return the sponsor letter I wrote with my signature on and they also kept the "marriage certificate" when my signature are present aswell :(

Thanks
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon May 23, 2011 11:28 pm

DOes anybody came across something similar?
Many Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:36 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:DOes anybody came across something similar?
What did you say/provide in appeal to prove that the marriage certificate is genuine?

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon May 23, 2011 11:41 pm

We did not create any false document. Actually we registered the marriage certificate to local council as per law, but for some reason details were not forwarded to other relevant department (by council)therefore on enquiry no reords were found and homeoffice believe it a false document. While its not the case as it was the responsibility of the council to update their records. After refusal when we tried to contact council they said that yes the records were not forwarded but they have done it now and got it registered in their system. On requested they issue a "registration certificate" says that the wedding certificate is now been registered.

What you think about the appeal outcome?
Many Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:We did not create any false document. Actually we registered the marriage certificate to local council as per law, but for some reason details were not forwarded to other relevant department (by council)therefore on enquiry no reords were found and homeoffice believe it a false document. While its not the case as it was the responsibility of the council to update their records. After refusal when we tried to contact council they said that yes the records were not forwarded but they have done it now and got it registered in their system. On requested they issue a "registration certificate" says that the wedding certificate is now been registered.

If you have submitted the registration certificate from council, saying that marriage has been registered now, it should be counted as a supporting document, and I think your chances are more for a successful appeal.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon May 23, 2011 11:50 pm

mvent00 wrote:
sheraz_aries wrote:We did not create any false document. Actually we registered the marriage certificate to local council as per law, but for some reason details were not forwarded to other relevant department (by council)therefore on enquiry no reords were found and homeoffice believe it a false document. While its not the case as it was the responsibility of the council to update their records. After refusal when we tried to contact council they said that yes the records were not forwarded but they have done it now and got it registered in their system. On requested they issue a "registration certificate" says that the wedding certificate is now been registered.

If you have submitted the registration certificate from council, saying that marriage has been registered now, it should be counted as a supporting document, and I think your chances are more for a successful appeal.
Thanks alot
Many Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:00 am

I forgot to quote this from the link that "Any new evidence submitted at an hearing for the first time after 23 May 2011 will only be allowed if it is being used to prove, for example, that a document originally submitted was genuine, or if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system". That is why I believe you have bright chances, good luck!

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

mvent00 wrote:I forgot to quote this from the link that "Any new evidence submitted at an hearing for the first time after 23 May 2011 will only be allowed if it is being used to prove, for example, that a document originally submitted was genuine, or if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system". That is why I believe you have bright chances, good luck!
Thanks for mentioning that. But this wont apply on dependant applications right?

And secondly I dont think that it restrict you to provide furthur evidence like marriage certificates, call records as it clearly says "if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system"

Please correct me if i am wrong on both points mention above.
Many Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:25 am

sheraz_aries wrote:
mvent00 wrote:I forgot to quote this from the link that "Any new evidence submitted at an hearing for the first time after 23 May 2011 will only be allowed if it is being used to prove, for example, that a document originally submitted was genuine, ....!
Thanks for mentioning that. But this wont apply on dependent applications right?

And secondly I don't think that it restrict you to provide further evidence like marriage certificates, call records as it clearly says "if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system"

Yes, you are right, and what I meant was that the council certificate will support the fact that marriage certificate was genuine.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue May 24, 2011 12:27 am

mvent00 wrote:
sheraz_aries wrote:
mvent00 wrote:I forgot to quote this from the link that "Any new evidence submitted at an hearing for the first time after 23 May 2011 will only be allowed if it is being used to prove, for example, that a document originally submitted was genuine, ....!
Thanks for mentioning that. But this wont apply on dependent applications right?

And secondly I don't think that it restrict you to provide further evidence like marriage certificates, call records as it clearly says "if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system"

Yes, you are right, and what I meant was that the council certificate will support the fact that marriage certificate was genuine.
Thanks
Many Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 24, 2011 7:48 am

mvent00 wrote:I forgot to quote this from the link that "Any new evidence submitted at an hearing for the first time after 23 May 2011 will only be allowed if it is being used to prove, for example, that a document originally submitted was genuine, or if it is in support of grounds unrelated to the scoring of points under the points-based system". That is why I believe you have bright chances, good luck!
this is not a points based application. the link you have posted relates to changes in the law on points based system appeals only.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:27 am

Greenie wrote:
this is not a points based application. the link you have posted relates to changes in the law on points based system appeals only.

Yes, but the point that I have mentioned (i.e., providing supporting document) is covered under general appeal procedures. Please see this.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Guys although i did ask earlier but was wondering if someone could put some more lights on...

ALthough i am sure that i will win appeal but in case if i lose then would it effect my Tie 1 General extension as the marriage certificate also got my signature on?
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:23 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:Guys although i did ask earlier but was wondering if someone could put some more lights on...

ALthough i am sure that i will win appeal but in case if i lose then would it effect my Tie 1 General extension as the marriage certificate also got my signature on?
Anyone?
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 am

Anybody?
Many Thanks