ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How effects low salary income to ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How effects low salary income to ILR?

Post by deep_love » Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 am

Hello,i will apply to ilr as a spouse of british citizen soon.My salary income was £5750 last year . Im working 20-22 hours avarage per week.My wife working fulltime and claming working tax credit benefit.Im trying save some money in my account...
So my question is how this effects to ilr when i apply?
How much has to be my income for ilr ?

cino

hi

Post by cino » Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 am

hi deep love . you working 22 hours a week and you'r wife full time and she claims working tax credit don't worry it doesn't make any deference even if you the one who's claiming tax credit i had my ilr and the working tax credit was on my name . there is exceptions to this they call it family treatment if you require more details will do mate i had min same day

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deep_love » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Replies 1, Views 265
I need some advice...
Help pls...:(

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 pm

In respect of a couple living together the Tax Credits claim must be in joint names, and the income of both of the couple disclosed to the Tax Credits office.

deep_love, please confirm that is what is actually happening.
John

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deep_love » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 pm

John wrote:In respect of a couple living together the Tax Credits claim must be in joint names, and the income of both of the couple disclosed to the Tax Credits office.

deep_love, please confirm that is what is actually happening.
Yes both names joint on tax credits and total incomes of us disclosed to the Tax Credits Office...
Im really worrying about my income and about tax.My income is low that is why im not paying tax...:((

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 am

How much has to be my income for ilr ?
£0 ! Or more than that is of course OK.

You will be applying for ILR on the spouse visa route. There is no requirement for you to be earning anything at all. It is totally OK for the applicant for ILR never to have earned any money at all in the UK, for example, they could be a housewife, or househusband!

deep_love, is that clear enough for you? You are worrying about something that is not even an issue.
John