ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Broken link between tier2 and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seether

Broken link between tier2 and ILR

Post by seether » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

I am aware that the Home Office will be carrying out consultation on removing eligibility of tier 2 applicants for ILR between May and September 2011. My question is whether eligibility ends in September after the consultation or whether it will be in April 2012 that it will come into force. Thank You.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

If it happens, it will be up to the government to still publish when it will be valid from and to publish the associated rules (e.g. who exactly it affects and how).

seether

Post by seether » Tue May 24, 2011 10:06 am

Yes that goes without saying. What I want to know is time frame. Will they set a future date or how will it work. Will it come into force in september? Or is that too soon.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

seether wrote:Yes that goes without saying. What I want to know is time frame. Will they set a future date or how will it work. Will it come into force in september? Or is that too soon.
Seriously, are you expecting someone to tell you what the government will do?
They can change the visa requirements anytime, they can implement them without notice (like last year changes on tier 1), with a few weeks notice (like in the latest changes on settlement), with months or years notice (reform of student visa) or not implement it at all (like the Labour's earned citizenship stuff).