ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO or by post?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

PEO or by post?

Post by tulipz » Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 am

Hi all,
I tried to book an appointment at Croydon office for an in-person application (same day service) for our extension (DH, me and Baby). Earliest available date is 1 Jul. Our visas expire on 15 Oct

I have a few questions...could someone pls help me ?

1. DH is trying for a new job. He is losing out on opportunities because of the visa validity issue (one interview was cancelled yesday) .. So we decided to apply for extn asap. Since the next available in-person date is 1 Jul, do you think its better that we apply by post in the 1st week of June?

2. What exactly happens on the day of in-person application? Will I get my documents/passport back the same day? What about biometrics?

3. If you were in my place (PEO appointment not available until 1 Jul) , what would you do?

Awaiting your replies....
Thanks,
Tulipz

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 am

<Bump> Anyone?

tsmoussa

Post by tsmoussa » Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am

trust me and go for PEO, it's been 3 months since I posted my application and still no passports yet, if you apply first week in June by the time you will get your biometrics done I garantee it will be after 1st of July, and yes I am only talking about biometrics, let alone the whole process.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks for the reply. I dont see any appointments available now!! I tried calling Croydon office, but the lady advised me to book an appointment online... Do they book appointments for Tier1 (extn) on the phone at all?

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

Also, when should the biometrics be done in case of a PEO ? Will they be done during the appointment or will I have to get them done separately? (before or after the appointment?)

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

same here....i posted my application 2months ago and yet to get my approval....also when you apply with dependent it is hard to get biometric appointment....for me it took 5weeks to get a biometric appointment.....it is a joke they hold our passport for such a long time....can't help it :(