ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why would Caseworker ask for Residential Address?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yinkuze

why would Caseworker ask for Residential Address?

Post by Yinkuze » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:31 pm

Caseworker asked for residential address of my friend, said HO cant go ahead with application until they know the residential address, even though they saw her office address in the application.

My friend replied HO with residential address but requested that her documents be mailed to me (I am in the UK). HO said they will mail the documents to her friend in the UK (me) but can only mail the decison letter directly to her office address or residential address

It was at this point that I know caseworker clearly saw her office address and still wanted residential address,

My question is : Why ask for residential addrees when HO could mail document to her office address as well.
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:06 pm

yinkuze,

You have been involved in this process sometime ago. I have had this experience with HO during my first application in March 2005. HO will not send application to your office address but your home address. This will help them to confirm that there is no third party involve in the delivery of your documents as relate to postal issue.

And obviously because your friend had made the mistake of allowing this postal issue to crop up with HO, it is certain that they will not entertain any other address(es).

Yinkuze

thanks

Post by Yinkuze » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks Iyanu

I dont understand when you say HO wont send to 'office' address

HO specifically told my friend that they would either send it to her 'office' of 'residential' address

when they saw her office address on the application, why ask for residential address again

If they will not send to office adress, why say 'we will either send to office of residential address'

riddle

how you dey?
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine