ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR. Pre November 2006 case.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR. Pre November 2006 case.

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 am

Hi,

I came to the UK in June 2006. I am applying for ILR in two weeks time.

I was under the impression that i do not need to give the life in the UK test as i came before November 2006.
However, the application form is very confusing. It does not mention anything about this clause.

Should i apply as Highly Skilled Migrant or Highly Skilled Migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review document ? The guidance notes say that you can apply under the judicial review only if you came to the UK before April 2006.

Did anybody have a similar case? Can you please let me know which category did you apply under. And also, did you have to give the Life in the UK Test.

Regards
Rita

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for ILR. Pre November 2006 case.

Post by khalidmirza » Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Dear
Please read the hsmp ILR JR of 2009. Read para 6 and 27. It covers all HSMP including pre November.
I fail to understand this is common confusion. Let me be little loud with out offence
APR 2008 JR IS FOR EXTENSION FOR ALL HSMP HOLDERS INCLUDING PRE NOVEMBER
2009 HSMP ILR JR IS FOR ALL HSMP HOLDERS INCLUDING PRE NOVEMBER . ONLY DIFFERENCE IS PRE APR 2006 ELIGIBLE AFTER 4 YEARS AND APR 2006 TO NOV 2006 CAN APPLY FOR ILR AFTER 5 YEARS.REST ALL CONDITIONS ARE SAME

ritz2000 wrote:Hi,

I was under the impression that i do not need to give the life in the UK test as i came before November 2006.
However, the application form is very confusing. It does not mention anything about this clause.

Should i apply as Highly Skilled Migrant or Highly Skilled Migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review document ? The guidance notes say that you can apply under the judicial review only if you came to the UK before April 2006.

Did anybody have a similar case? Can you please let me know which category did you apply under. And also, did you have to give the Life in the UK Test.

Regards
Rita

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon May 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi
When i rang HO, they advised to tick Tier 1 General . if you are covered by HSMP JR(doesnt matter which), you need to provide a covering letter.

Thanks
khalidmirza wrote:Dear
Please read the hsmp ILR JR of 2009. Read para 6 and 27. It covers all HSMP including pre November.
I fail to understand this is common confusion. Let me be little loud with out offence
APR 2008 JR IS FOR EXTENSION FOR ALL HSMP HOLDERS INCLUDING PRE NOVEMBER
2009 HSMP ILR JR IS FOR ALL HSMP HOLDERS INCLUDING PRE NOVEMBER . ONLY DIFFERENCE IS PRE APR 2006 ELIGIBLE AFTER 4 YEARS AND APR 2006 TO NOV 2006 CAN APPLY FOR ILR AFTER 5 YEARS.REST ALL CONDITIONS ARE SAME

Regards
Rita

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi
Are you applying for any dependents or just for youself? Do post your experiance.

Thanks

Regards
Rita

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The reason for the confusion is the guidance notes. It says that we should chose HSMP ILR judicial review only if we applied for HSMP before April 2006.

So it is not clear if in Section 3 of the form:
If i should select Highly Skilled Migrant or
Highly Skilled Migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review document .
Also, section 4 - Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK says that you are not required to fill this section only if applying under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review.

Regards

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon May 09, 2011 1:03 pm

hi
As mentioned above, when i rang HO , they advised me to tick Tier 1 General and include a cover letter ans attach the HSMP JR policy document.

ANy dependents?

Regards

Thanks for your response. The reason for the confusion is the guidance notes. It says that we should chose HSMP ILR judicial review only if we applied for HSMP before April 2006.

So it is not clear if in Section 3 of the form:
If i should select Highly Skilled Migrant or
Highly Skilled Migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review document .
Also, section 4 - Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK says that you are not required to fill this section only if applying under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review.

Regards

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes, one dependent. My spouse.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon May 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Can i ask how long she stayed with you before you applying for her ILR?
ritz2000 wrote:Yes, one dependent. My spouse.

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:30 pm

My husband and i have lived together for all 5 years. He was included in my original HSMP application and the subsequent FLR as well.

Defoe
Newly Registered

Post by Defoe » Mon May 09, 2011 1:31 pm

I applied under HSMP JR.

Prior to applying, I confirmed over the phone with HO that I did not need to supply Life in the UK evidence.

With my application I supplied an HSMP acceptance letter dated 22 Feb 2006, and a coverletter (amongst other things of course).

My acknowledgement letter is over a month old, so Im expecting a response in the next 2 weeks or so.

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Defoe wrote:I applied under HSMP JR.

Prior to applying, I confirmed over the phone with HO that I did not need to supply Life in the UK evidence.

With my application I supplied an HSMP acceptance letter dated 22 Feb 2006, and a coverletter (amongst other things of course).

My acknowledgement letter is over a month old, so Im expecting a response in the next 2 weeks or so.
If you applied for your initial HSMP in Feb 2006, wont you qualify for ILR in 4 years ?

vjkkjv
Newly Registered

Post by vjkkjv » Mon May 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Ritz,

I am in the same boat as you are. My HSMP was approved in June 2006. I am applying for ILR at Croydon on Friday (13th May).

I have selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" in "Section 3" because we are, indeed, covered by the JR as set out in the HSMP JR policy document ( See here. Refer to Para 4, 6 and 27).

I intend to carry a copy of the policy document when I go to the PEO.

The Gentleman here successfully applied for ILR under HSMP JR rules, and didn't require Life in the UK test. Worth a read.

Regards,
Vijay
Last edited by vjkkjv on Mon May 09, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ritz2000
Newly Registered

Post by ritz2000 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 pm

vjkkjv wrote:Hi Ritz,

I am in the same boat as you are. My HSMP was approved in June 2006. I am applying for ILR at Croydon on Friday (13th May).

I have selected "HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy document" in "Section 3" because was are, indeed, covered by the JR as set out in the HSMP JR policy document ( See here. Refer to Para 4, 6 and 27).

I intend to carry a copy if the policy document when I go to the PEO.

The Gentleman here successfully applied for ILR under HSMP JR rules, and didn't require Life in the UK test. Worth a read.

Regards,
Vijay
Great! Thanks Vijay. All the best with your application. Do let me know how you get on.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 pm

I have selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" in "Section 3" because we are, indeed, covered by the JR as set out in the HSMP JR policy document ( See here . Refer to Para 4, 6 and 27).

I intend to carry a copy of the policy document when I go to the PEO.

This is the correct approach for 3 reasons, for others it doesnt really matter
1. you do not have a LIUK certificate
2. you qualify in 4 yrs
3.you have dependents

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Mon May 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Dont panic guys, any one applied for HSMP and the application was submitted before 7 nov 2006 and got the acceptance , can apply for ILR under ILR JR. So just relax....there is no need for ...

1) Life in uk test.
2) Criminal thrashold doesnt apply.
3) no point based.

Just take copy of intial approval confirming yo got it under 65 points initial application and extension letter for further 3 years.

please do covering letter if u can it wil help the case worker. i am due to apply in nov too

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

This is right, try and apply at PEO and carry a copy of JR.
You need to check the HSMP option, otherwise you may not get credit for it.

chanduck
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by chanduck » Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi all,

Am in same boat,am also worried regarding documents .

Sun-ilr am gone apply in oct end
As you said

Life in Uk, criminal threshold and no points base,have u spoken to HO or where u got this info.
But we are using SET(0)form which asks for all details as tier1

Am wondering reg driving offence ,one of my mate told me that even parking fines need to be disclosed is that true,am worried coz i have couple of parking fines not driving offences and i can'remember them .

Reg finanacial activity , am IT consultant and need some info if we show dividendts will that be any issue and am having salery of 12k .

May be bit exagirating but u know bit worried
Thanks
Cgq

sun_ilr

Re: Hi

Post by sun_ilr » Tue May 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Chanduck

i ahve spoken to Ho already three times and know people who got it under pre nov 2006. in regards to parking fine dont worry about and u dont have to mention it.

the traffic offenses they have mentioned in the application is applicable if :
1) you are disqualified.
2) you are drink driving
3) you have done any criminal offense like hit and run. normal parking fines or fixed penalty fines doesnt need mentioning.

i know its very stressful and honestly i sometime feel like this website has become part of my life. :roll:

More people ur going to ask more different answers u will get. so just relax and listen to what people say but dont take it seriously. i am telling from the experience of people been through.

So just relax and wait for oct. :D

Good day mate

sunny1407

Re: Hi

Post by sunny1407 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:41 pm

sun_ilr wrote:Hi Chanduck

i ahve spoken to Ho already three times and know people who got it under pre nov 2006. in regards to parking fine dont worry about and u dont have to mention it.

the traffic offenses they have mentioned in the application is applicable if :
1) you are disqualified.
2) you are drink driving
3) you have done any criminal offense like hit and run. normal parking fines or fixed penalty fines doesnt need mentioning.

i know its very stressful and honestly i sometime feel like this website has become part of my life. :roll:

More people ur going to ask more different answers u will get. so just relax and listen to what people say but dont take it seriously. i am telling from the experience of people been through.

So just relax and wait for oct. :D

Good day mate
I totally agree, people need to chill a bit, i am also due to apply for ilr under pre nov 06 jr and have seen people on this topic a few times worrying too much.
Now to reiterate:

1. Its OK to choose the HSMP JR for all JR applications (pre or post april 06)
2. NO LIUK TEST
3. NO SALARY CRITERIA only Economic Active
4. NO CRIMINALITY THRESHOLD

I urge people to stop speculating and worrying as it creates more confusion.

Thats all