ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance funds -> 3 months or EXACT 90days?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esal

maintenance funds -> 3 months or EXACT 90days?

Post by esal » Tue May 24, 2011 2:55 pm

hello all,

I have maintained £533 for my daughter's tier 2 dependent visa for last 3 months. Going to apply from mumbai vfs office.
kept money from 28th Feb till date and just waiting for 28th May to complete 3 months and then realised it's not going to be exact 90 days on 28th May because of Feb month.

UKBA website says 3 months everywhere but 90 days on the law page of their website.

Could someone please focus on if British high commission will check maintenance funds for 3 months or does it has to be exact 90 days?

thanks in advance

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 pm

The actual law / rule says consecutive 90 day period, not three months. You should follow the instructions as the law, not the guidance material.

esal

Post by esal » Tue May 24, 2011 3:30 pm

thank you so much for the quick reply.

yes I found another guidance pdf and it says consecutive 90 days everywhere.

Another query I have is -> If I am changing employment then do I have to apply for wife and daughter's dependent visa again and have to pay visa fees?

My current tier 2 General is valid till March 2013 but would like to change job before that hence the above query.

many thanks in advance,