ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Hello
I have been working in the UK for the same company on a Dependent Visa for the past 4.5 yrs. My husband came in as a student and our visa expires in a couple of months. My Company is willing to keep me and apply for a work permit. The company I work for is a multinational company and has a branch in my home country too. Employees from my home country branch are working here and have got their WP on an Intra-Company Transfer Work permit. Before I came to the UK, I was also working in the same company back at home for 2.5 yrs. Although I gave my resignation when I left, as soon as I arrived to the UK, I applied and got the job in the UK company.
My question is, am I eligible for a work Permit thru' the Intra-Company Transfer option?
If so, do I need to go back home for my employer to apply for my work permit?
Pls reply ASAP
Thank you

andhraguy

Re: Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

Post by andhraguy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 pm

77 wrote:Hello
My Company is willing to keep me and apply for a work permit.
My question is, am I eligible for a work Permit thru' the Intra-Company Transfer option?
I'm not very much sure about the intra company transfers. However i think your company needs to apply for a work permit here. In any case you need to go to your home country to get the visa stamped as you can't get the dependent visa --> Wp visa transferred here.

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Yes, I am aware of that. W.E.F 19th June, the employer can apply for my WP whilst I am in the UK. I will need to go back to change my visa status prior to my current visa expiers because of switching.
My question is whether I will be eligible for the Intra-Company Transfer (Tier 1) Work Permit as this is supposed to be more straight forward than Tier 2 WP

rose20
Newly Registered

Post by rose20 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi 77

I got my dependant visa switched to work permit 3 yrs back without going back to my home country.I am sure its possible.do check before opting to go back.

cheers
Rosy

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:05 pm

rose20 wrote:Hi 77

I got my dependant visa switched to work permit 3 yrs back without going back to my home country.I am sure its possible.do check before opting to go back.

cheers
Rosy
maybe it was possible 3 yrs ago... the rules have changed a lot since then

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:16 pm

rose20 wrote:Hi 77

I got my dependant visa switched to work permit 3 yrs back without going back to my home country.
You can get the WP approved incountry . But NOT FLR. You need to go back to home country for Entry Clearence.

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:23 pm

yes that is correct. I will need to go back for my entry clearence even though I can get my WP approved while I am here.
Can anyone please advice me with regard to my Intra-Company Transfer Question please? This will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi
Please can one of the moderators or seniors advice me on my question? I am getting a desparate now and any assistance will be very much appreciated

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi all
FYI, my company got me an Intra-Company Transfer WP. I didnt have to go back home and they applied online so the whole thing took a week.
I will need to go back to apply for entry clearnece I guess.