ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa before marrying a Tier-1 holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mealos

Fiance Visa before marrying a Tier-1 holder

Post by mealos » Tue May 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi there, I am a Tier-1 visa holder that has been here for 3.5-4 years. My fiance is an Egyptian and we are planning to get her a fiance visa to make her come here right after the wedding (we cannot afford waiting 1-2 months more).

Is it possible to obtain such visa even though the anticipated wedding date is very close to the requested commence date of visa? Like, wedding is in July, can she get a fiance visa in June?

Thanks in advance!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Fiance Visa before marrying a Tier-1 holder

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:41 pm

mealos wrote:Hi there, I am a Tier-1 visa holder that has been here for 3.5-4 years. My fiance is an Egyptian and we are planning to get her a fiance visa to make her come here right after the wedding (we cannot afford waiting 1-2 months more).

Is it possible to obtain such visa even though the anticipated wedding date is very close to the requested commence date of visa? Like, wedding is in July, can she get a fiance visa in June?

Thanks in advance!
Please see this.

mealos

Post by mealos » Tue May 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks, I couldnt fully understand your suggestion: Are you suggesting me to make my fiance apply for spouse visa before marriage? Or are you advising not to take a fiance visa but wait for 1-2 months more to get her a spouse visa directly?

I would appreciate if you clarify.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Since you are a Tier 1 (General) migrant, your partner-to-be is not eligible for "fiancee visa". Dependant(s) of a PBS migrant can only apply for entry clearance as dependant(s), and not for entry clearance as fiance(e) / spouse.

Q. Who is a dependant (of a PBS migrant)?
A. Children under 18 years of age, or your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!