ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Opening

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isha123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Opening

Post by isha123 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering does anyone know when is Tier 1 visa applications likely to get opened again..I read some time in summer but have no clue..Any information will be highly appreciated thanks..

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Tier 1 (General) is closed for good. It will most probably not reopen under the current government.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Opening

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:30 pm

isha123 wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering does anyone know when is Tier 1 visa applications likely to get opened again..I read some time in summer but have no clue..Any information will be highly appreciated thanks..

It might be replaced with the new Tier 1 (Exceptional talent)category of the points-based system.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue May 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Summer 2028, ie. probably never, or in another form
Keep it simple!

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:59 pm

in my opinion, all this tightening of the rules has a positive correlation with the economic cycle. When the UK was in a boom, nobody really cared that much about immigration but as soon as we hit recession and people were out of jobs, the blaming game started and it obviously fell onto immigrants. As the government couldnt control EU immigration, non-EU immigration is suffering.

Basically, until the UK economy experience a boom, Tier 1 (general) has no chance.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Mmm, I think that's just what the Tories want you to believe. The Labour government's answer to economic crisis was to step up immigration and get more economic migrants over to boost the economy, whilst Tories are using the current situation as an excuse to cut down on immigration.

If and when Labour takes over again, you will see more relaxed immigration laws coming in - same way as the last time when Labour took over from the Tories...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:51 pm

mtuckersa wrote:

Summer 2028, ie. probably never, or in another form

Yes, Tier 1 (Exceptional talent)category of the points-based system is a strict form of current Tier 1 general.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

The exceptional talent route has nothing to do with Tier 1 (General) other than it was introduced after Tier 1 (General) was stopped. It's not a replacement, it's a new route altogether. (You cannot say it's stricter as it's not comparable at all - many people who would qualify under this route would NEVER have qualified under Tier 1 (General)).

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

mulderpf wrote:The exceptional talent route has nothing to do with Tier 1 (General) other than it was introduced after Tier 1 (General) was stopped. It's not a replacement, it's a new route altogether. (You cannot say it's stricter as it's not comparable at all - many people who would qualify under this route would NEVER have qualified under Tier 1 (General)).
Debatable, that is why it is strict.

isha123
Newly Registered

Post by isha123 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks all for this information..It is quite disappointing that they r being so strict with all these visa categories..I was hoping Tier 1 to be opening soon but seems like it won't be now..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 24, 2011 6:33 pm

mvent00 wrote:
mulderpf wrote:The exceptional talent route has nothing to do with Tier 1 (General) other than it was introduced after Tier 1 (General) was stopped. It's not a replacement, it's a new route altogether. (You cannot say it's stricter as it's not comparable at all - many people who would qualify under this route would NEVER have qualified under Tier 1 (General)).
Debatable, that is why it is strict.
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) wrote:This route is for those who are internationally recognised as world leaders or potential world-leading talent in the fields of science and the arts and who wish to work in the UK. Applicants must be internationally recognised as world leaders in their field.

The Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) limit for the period 6 April 2011 to 5 April 2012 is 1,000 endorsements.
Debatable?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!