ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required regarding bringing parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

titas
Newly Registered

Advice required regarding bringing parents

Post by titas » Tue May 24, 2011 8:36 pm

My Father is 65 and my mother is 60. I am a British Citizen. I want to apply to bring them here permanently. Can someone help me with the following queries:

1. Can I apply for my mother as she is 60. However they are married and will be travelling together.

2. Do I have to make two separate applications for them or this will be one joint application.

3. Does my mother need to full fill the English requirement?

4. If required can I take an additional sponsor to sponsor their application?

Thank you.

hmm

Post by hmm » Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 am

1. yes, she can as long as she is travelling with your dad.
2. They'll have to submit seperate applications and pay the visa fee for each person.
3. No. There is no need for that.

It is the hardest visa to get plus the visa fee is £1814.

Good luck.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:00 am

On point 4 - given they need to be financially dependant on you - an additional sponsor won't look good as you should already be able to support them financially.

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Thank you for your kind advice. Do you think the possiblity is more if they apply while their visit in the UK?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Success of the application depends on the merits of the application (i.e.- applicants meeting the requirements), not where the application is submitted.

They cannot apply from within the UK, when in UK as visitor.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:11 pm

One thing to note - if they've got sufficient ties back to their home country to be considered for a visitor visa (job, family, property, finances etc) - the chances of being considered for a elderly dependant visa is probably less.

You'll need to carefully weigh up their chances.

M.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Success of the application depends on the merits of the application (i.e.- applicants meeting the requirements), not where the application is submitted.

They cannot apply from within the UK, when in UK as visitor.
they can apply from within the UK when here as a visitor (there is nothing in para 317 which precludes them from doing so) however they may be caught by para 322(7) and as MPH80 points out in order to get the visit visa they will have to show sufficient ties/resources etc which may contradict an application for ILR on the basis of dependency.