ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general changed sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amingming
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general changed sponsorship

Post by amingming » Thu May 12, 2011 6:01 am

Hi I am already on tier 2 General and I am changing my sponsor to other employer with the same kind of job... I know Im going to apply for a fresh application again but my concern is if Im affected in the chsnges after 5 April

psychic

Post by psychic » Thu May 12, 2011 9:07 am

do you honestly expect anybody to be able to help you with the information you have given?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 pm

yes you are effected by new rules

yasiradeel
Newly Registered

Change of Sponsor

Post by yasiradeel » Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 am

Hi,

I have been working for my current employer since April 2008 on Tier 2 Sponsored visa.

I now have a new job offer with a different company, they also have the Tier 2 sponsorship docs in place.

My question is - keeping in mind i have to give my current employer 4 weeks notice, how do I make the switch without being illegal in the country. How do I manage the switch?
Can I go to HO and get the new Tier 2 stamped for a future date (4-5 weeks away) so I can be sure of my new T2 Visa before resigning?

I called HO to discuss this with them, but unfortunately they were not helpful at all.

I do appreciate that I do not have to go through the whole process I went through the first time around.

You assistance and time will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Y

PS: If I was not clear, please ask.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

The "issue date" of new leave will depend on the joining date specified on the CoS, and not on your "wishes".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yasiradeel
Newly Registered

Post by yasiradeel » Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Yes, you are correct. I appreciate that!

But, there is always a but, will HO be happy to stamp T2 6 weeks before my start date.

The reason I ask this is because when I spoke to HO this morning, the bloke on the other end said I have to come on the day, get my visa stamped and start my new job from THAT day!
Surely, there is a "better" way of doign this than me having to resign, finish my 4 weeks and then go to HO to get it stamped.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 pm

The "issue date" of new leave will depend on the joining date specified on the CoS. Period!

yasiradeel
Newly Registered

Post by yasiradeel » Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 pm

either i am missing the point or you are! thanks for your help anyway!

asp007
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by asp007 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi,

I am exactly in the same situation! Switching from Tier 2 general to tier 2 general! What's the best way of dealing with this in terms of resigning old job and starting the new one?

yasiradeel
Newly Registered

Post by yasiradeel » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

here is what i have done:

booked an appoint with the home office for new T2 WP, once i have this stamped i will resign from my current job and in 4 weeks start my new job!

Eg dates:

3rd June - get the visa stamped (COS with 4th June start date)
6th June resign
4th July start new job

I hope/pray the process will be a breeze!

asp007
Newly Registered

Post by asp007 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks for your help! That makes absolute sense!

One question, fingers crossed it doesn't happen, but will the current certificate of sponsorship and leave to remain be valid until a new tier 2 visa has been stamped or does it expire as soon as the new employer raises a new certificate of sponsorship?

I am just worried because if my Tier 2 is rejected for any stupid reason, will I still have valid leave to remain on my current tier 2 (which is valid until Jan 2013) in which case I can continue to work for my old employer without interruption!

Thanks

bobbyji
Newly Registered

Technical change of employment.....?

Post by bobbyji » Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 pm

HI ,

i hope i will get some help in this forum !

currently im on 5 years of work permit with the same company which is ending on december 2012.

My question is that, the company i am working for is close down but the same employer open another company on that same location, but with the different company name and he still wants me to continue my employment with him in his new company as normal with same salary, same hours and same term and conditions. is it called Technical change of employment or not........? or its gona be a new application.

Mr. sushdmehta i will appreciate yours comments please !

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Assuming the company is closing down for reasons other than those covered under TUPE:

The new company cannot employ you until the new company becomes a licensed sponsor. You cannot work under the new company until your leave to remain application (on basis of a new CoS assigned by the new sponsor) is approved.

IMHO ...

asp007
Newly Registered

Post by asp007 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi yasiradeel,

How did you get on? Have you got the tier 2 visa stamped as planned?

Let me know!

Cheers!

yasiradeel
Newly Registered

Post by yasiradeel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 pm

asp007 wrote:Thanks for your help! That makes absolute sense!

One question, fingers crossed it doesn't happen, but will the current certificate of sponsorship and leave to remain be valid until a new tier 2 visa has been stamped or does it expire as soon as the new employer raises a new certificate of sponsorship?

I am just worried because if my Tier 2 is rejected for any stupid reason, will I still have valid leave to remain on my current tier 2 (which is valid until Jan 2013) in which case I can continue to work for my old employer without interruption!

Thanks
as far as i know, God forbid, if you visa gets rejected, your old visa remains in place!

i will let you know how mine goes next week! whens urs?

asp007
Newly Registered

Post by asp007 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Oh cool, good luck!!

So after your visa stamping you are planning to resign your current job?

And is this being treated as "extension application" since you are already in Tier 2 or a fresh Tier 2 application?

Please drop a line here to say how it went...

I haven't taken an appointment yet, I will be doing it soon!!

Cheers,
Arv