ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponsorship - Going about

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BestOfBest
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsorship - Going about

Post by BestOfBest » Mon May 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi all members,

I am currently on PSW which expires in April' 12. I am currently working with Small & Medium Enterprise (45 employees) and the employer is ready to sponsor me. I have a few questions to ask you intelligent on this forum:

-> What is the salary criteria for Tier 2? (I am on £23K p.a)
-> I have been working for this company from past 9 months, will this effect negatively on my visa extension?
-> My employer is asking me to pay for all the costs incurred in the Tier 2 Visa extension (including sponsorship license cost and my visa extension cost), is that legal? (I would obviously like them to incur the costs)
->How long does it take for the Tier 2 visa to get approved? As I have booked my holiday tickets for Dec'11

Thank you very much in advance friends.[/b]

ouflak1

Re: Tier 2 Sponsorship - Going about

Post by ouflak1 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

BestOfBest wrote:Hi all members,

I am currently on PSW which expires in April' 12. I am currently working with Small & Medium Enterprise (45 employees) and the employer is ready to sponsor me. I have a few questions to ask you intelligent on this forum:
-> My employer is asking me to pay for all the costs incurred in the Tier 2 Visa extension (including sponsorship license cost and my visa extension cost), is that legal? (I would obviously like them to incur the costs)
[/b]
I will just answer the part I'm personally familiar with: It is legal. The UKBA doesn't, in most cases, seem to actually care where the money to pay for an application comes from as long as they get their money. Consider it part of your employment negotiations.

Just a note: You are referring to the Tier 2 as an 'extension'. This is a bit confusing. The Tier 2 visa is completely different with its own particular set of rules. (Just don't want you to go accidentally opening your own business and becoming self-employed after you get your Tier 2, like you can do with your PSW ;) ).

BestOfBest
Newly Registered

Post by BestOfBest » Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey OUFLAK1,

Thank you for your input.. yeah I understand the limitations of Tier 2. What I meant was, I am currently on PSW and planning to get my VISA converted to Tier 2.. if thats what you meant.. :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 pm

1. Read the Tier 2 policy guidance.
2. As above.
3. Who pays to enable you to continue working in the UK under any immigration category that you may qualify for, has nothing to do with "legality". That's between you and your sponsor (if you need one to extend your stay in the UK). And you'll not be applying for Tier 2 extension, but (if you apply) will be switching from Tier 1 (PSW) to Tier 2 (General).
4. See waiting times and browse the sticky topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

BestOfBest
Newly Registered

Post by BestOfBest » Mon May 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Sush,

Thanks for the informative post. However, I cant find out whats the salary criteria for me.. :( sorry for being a pain. I am working as a Marketing Assistant with 23K p.a with a SME (45 employees)

can you please help?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon May 23, 2011 4:37 pm

You will need to satisfy the salary requirements expected of your designation.
As you are a marketing assistant, the job title suitably closer to yours is Marketing associate professionals - code 3543 from here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

For this post, the reqd salary level is £11.01/hour.

You will need to check if your salary is atleast the same ore higher than this hourly wage.

Seniors, pls clarify if what I'm saying is correct.

Thanks

jpizzle
Newly Registered

Post by jpizzle » Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:You will need to satisfy the salary requirements expected of your designation.
As you are a marketing assistant, the job title suitably closer to yours is Marketing associate professionals - code 3543 from here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

For this post, the reqd salary level is £11.01/hour.

You will need to check if your salary is atleast the same ore higher than this hourly wage.

Seniors, pls clarify if what I'm saying is correct.

Thanks
I have asked this question before and had no answer on it, and it is related to this post so I will ask again if anyone might be able to help?

On the UKBA Occupational Codes list for Tier 2, under each code it has the 'Related Job' titles. Be it the example in this post code 3543 there are only four stated: Account representative (advertising);Commercial officer; Market researcher; Marketing consultant.

Does this mean that only one of these four occupations can be used for tier 2 purposes, or are they just used as some examples under that code?

The reason I ask is, because on the UKBA Codes list, it states "All jobs in this occupation code are at or above NVQ or SVQ level 3 ". And when you refer to the SOC list on the statistics site, there are many more related job titles under this code (3543 for example). So should a job title from the Statistics SOC Code list be selected that is mostly representative of the job that it applies too; or can it only be selected from one of the related job titles from the UKBA list?
I'm confused and no one seems to have any answers on this.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue May 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Can you show the link within the statistics site for the SOC codes

BestOfBest
Newly Registered

Post by BestOfBest » Tue May 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you very much for your inputs. After reading the point raised by JP I feel concerned as my current designation is Marketing Assistant, which is not mentioned in that list. I have completed my MBA from a UKBA recognised university.

Looking forward to some more clear and concrete answers please.

jpizzle
Newly Registered

Post by jpizzle » Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Can you show the link within the statistics site for the SOC codes
Hi Sheffield,

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/methods_qu ... ol2_V6.pdf

and this link / document is provided by the UKBA here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

My best guess is that job occupations should be selected from the SOC list provided by the Statistics site, as I believe all occupations with the same code should be at or above graduate level?? However, it would be good to have some clarification before commencing a RLMT.

Thanks

BestOfBest
Newly Registered

Post by BestOfBest » Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 am

Hi all,

Thank you for your inputs.

My employer has given a green signal to go ahead with the visa extension today. Can I please please pleaseeeee all you intelligent lot who have been in the situation earlier to advise me that do I and my company qualify for this ??

-> I am 25, with an MBA from a home office registered university
-> I am working with this company from past 8 months as a Marketing Assistant and on the salary of £23,000 p.a at the moment
-> This company is a small company and its a training provider with 45 employees UK wide
-> I am currently on PSW which runs out april'12
-> The company wants me to do all the paperwork right from obtaining a sponsorship license till my application

please helpppppppppppppp :( :shock:

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 am

BestOfBest wrote:Hi all,

Thank you for your inputs.

My employer has given a green signal to go ahead with the visa extension today. Can I please please pleaseeeee all you intelligent lot who have been in the situation earlier to advise me that do I and my company qualify for this ??

-> I am 25, with an MBA from a home office registered university
-> I am working with this company from past 8 months as a Marketing Assistant and on the salary of £23,000 p.a at the moment
-> This company is a small company and its a training provider with 45 employees UK wide
-> I am currently on PSW which runs out april'12
-> The company wants me to do all the paperwork right from obtaining a sponsorship license till my application

please helpppppppppppppp :( :shock:
You have enough time mate. Make sure to do the Online application first and then provide the correct supporting documentation. it has to be 100% correct (Including any spelling errors) and make sure the documents are genuine and follow the guidelines closely. e.g: If you submit Tax registration form as the supporting document and if your company makes £64000 turn over you have to attach the latest tax returns. Else they will keep your application for over a month and then refuse you. They play the dragging game until you and your employer get exhausted and simply give up.

My PSW expires in September and my company registration is refused twice for silly reasons. Applied for the 3rd time but I have no hope at all..

UKBA is a big joke :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbyji
Newly Registered

Technical change of employment

Post by bobbyji » Wed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

HI guys,

i hope i will get some help in this forum !

currently im on 5 years of work permit with the same company which is ending on december 2012.

My question is that, the company i am working for is close down but the same employer open another company on that same location, but with the different company name and he still wants me to continue my employment with him in his new company as normal with same salary, same hours and same term and conditions. is it called Technical change of employment or not........? or its gona be a new application.

help plzzzzzzzzz

thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed May 25, 2011 11:58 am

jpizzle wrote:
Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Can you show the link within the statistics site for the SOC codes
Hi Sheffield,

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/methods_qu ... ol2_V6.pdf

and this link / document is provided by the UKBA here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

My best guess is that job occupations should be selected from the SOC list provided by the Statistics site, as I believe all occupations with the same code should be at or above graduate level?? However, it would be good to have some clarification before commencing a RLMT.

Thanks

Right, it seems that one can refer to the codes from the statistics.gov.uk site as the UKBA states that "If you are unsure what SOC code applies to your occupation, you may wish to check the coding index of job titles on the Office for National Statistics website (PDF 1.5Mb, opens in a new window)"
taken from here:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary