ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOL Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aspirant09

KOL Test

Post by aspirant09 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 am

Hi friends,
I should qualify for ILR in Nov this year based on the current rules in place for which I ( and my dependents?) would need to qualify the KOL ( Life in UK) test.
Do you know how soon can I appear in the test before the application i.e. can I give the test now and it would be considered in Nov OR do i need to give it closer to my application date?
Also, my wife and kid (born in UK) would need to give the test as well?
Many thanks,
:-)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 am

You and your wife may take the test anytime you wish. If applying in-person, make sure that you take the test at least 2 working days before your appointment.

If your child will still be a minor (under 18 ) at the time of settlement application then he is not required to take the test.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:02 pm

thanks. I can then start looking for prep of the same.
:-)

ilrdilemma
Newly Registered

Post by ilrdilemma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi Sush, Where did you get the information that we need to take the test 2 days before appointment. I have PEO appointment on 31st Aug, but taking the test on 30th Aug. Would this be a problem?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 pm

The advice is to leave at least two days between the test and the appointment as the test centre need to send the notification through to the UKBA to have the result logged onto the system.
Some test centres ask for a week, so I would contact the test centre for their advice.