ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ON THE BASIS OF HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW POLICY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sainijk
Newly Registered

ILR ON THE BASIS OF HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW POLICY

Post by sainijk » Sat May 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Dear All,

I have a little but important concern before i apply for ILR.

Just to make the story short, I received HSMP approval in sep2005 but refused hsmp visa by BHC Delhi in oct 2005 stating forged educational certificates. After a long battle, Honorable High Court reversed the decision in January 2007 but BHC office delhi in return asked for new HSMP letter stating old one expired. A duplicate was issued by HSMP team with new date of May2007 and i at last entered UK in June07 with two year HSMP visa. An further extension was given for 3 years from June09 till June12 with tier1 visa in light of HSMP case judgement of 8apr2008.

My only question is can i go for ILR after 4 years under HSMP judicial review 2009 for which i am eligible this june .

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sainijk

sainijk
Newly Registered

Re

Post by sainijk » Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Dear All,

Any legitimate response regarding above would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Regards,
Sainijk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ON THE BASIS OF HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW POLICY

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 22, 2011 3:53 pm

sainijk wrote:My only question is can i go for ILR after 4 years under HSMP judicial review 2009 for which i am eligible this june .
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sainijk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR ON THE BASIS OF HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW POLICY

Post by sainijk » Sun May 22, 2011 4:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
sainijk wrote:My only question is can i go for ILR after 4 years under HSMP judicial review 2009 for which i am eligible this june .
Yes.
CHEERS :D

I know it is a bit early but next question arises whether HSMP Judicial Review 2009 affect the time limit to apply nationality which i believe is 5 years in general. Also if exemption from English requirement & Life in UK would remain applicable while applying for british nationility as in light of above judgement.

Thank You,

Kind Regards,
Sainijk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 pm

The judgement does not exempt HSMP JR applicants from LITUK test for naturalisation. The scope of the judgement ends at ILR.

sainijk
Newly Registered

Re ILR

Post by sainijk » Wed May 25, 2011 5:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The judgement does not exempt HSMP JR applicants from LITUK test for naturalisation. The scope of the judgement ends at ILR.
Well, I applied for ILR yesterday, Let's see...

How long is the KOL test certificate valid for which i believe is must for applying naturalisation as per above.

Thanks & Regards,
Sainijk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Re ILR

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 pm

sainijk wrote:How long is the KOL test certificate valid for
Life long, as long as you do not lose the certificate. If you lose it, you need to take the test again.