ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm

AliGG wrote:
wassap wrote:Airblue fly from Manchester direct to ISB. Its a bleedin cartel with direct flights tbh, i norrmally fly emirates but thats a stop over in Dubai.
Thanks wasssap. I think i'll advise my wife to go with PIA as they have direct flight and they are cheaper when she gets her visa.
cheaper, u must be joking???????????????
saudi airlines or uzbek r the cheapest, the last time i traveled on PIA they ran out of water. LOL
i would not even send my enemy on PIA, that would be 2 much torture.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:56 am

Salaam all, not Long left till my appeal date comes to an end( 20th June ).

Looks like other people appealed near myself have heard nothing too...

I'll be changing job on 20th next month so hopefully no complications should arise.

I phoned up ait and the lady was really informative I said my appeal is a done deal an most likely go court now cause so near end date of appeal.

She said no its not a done deal because cases nowadays are being responded to on the last 1-2 days of appeal even hours before end of business day and could be overturned :shock:

Lol my brother said from start u will get response on last day guess he was right by the looks of it.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
wassap wrote:Airblue fly from Manchester direct to ISB. Its a bleedin cartel with direct flights tbh, i norrmally fly emirates but thats a stop over in Dubai.
Thanks wasssap. I think i'll advise my wife to go with PIA as they have direct flight and they are cheaper when she gets her visa.
cheaper, u must be joking???????????????
saudi airlines or uzbek r the cheapest, the last time i traveled on PIA they ran out of water. LOL
i would not even send my enemy on PIA, that would be 2 much torture.
hey anjum,
the last time i traveled on PIA they ran out of water. LOL
LOL. Is PIA that bad?????
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 am

lol. Have you never flown with them before?

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 25, 2011 8:41 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:lol. Have you never flown with them before?
Once I went with PIA from Moscow to Dubai but that was not too bad. I thought it was good..... maybe they changed now LOL
XX

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed May 25, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Shadow86,

My husband lodged his application today at Mirpur - please would you add it to the spreadsheet. Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 am

Can we please keep the conversation on this forum to immigration issues only rather than a general chit chat as you are consuming to much space on our server . If you want chit chat then send each other PM or emails.

Thank you all

Batleykhan

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:37 am

khan786 wrote:Salaam all, not Long left till my appeal date comes to an end( 20th June ).

I'll be changing job on 20th next month so hopefully no complications should arise.

I phoned up ait and the lady was really informative I said my appeal is a done deal an most likely go court now cause so near end date of appeal.

She said no its not a done deal because cases nowadays are being responded to on the last 1-2 days of appeal even hours before end of business day and could be overturned :shock:

Lol my brother said from start u will get response on last day guess he was right by the looks of it.
salam Khan786,

I am in same boat as yourself and can confirm what AIT have said. Reason being is I made a formal complaint to Home Office regarding handling of my wife's case and initally they dismissed complaint, etc but then when I asked them to forward my complaint to Head Of Customer Services, I got response back that they would respond within next month or so about both complaint I have made and decision on appeal as well.

Supposedly there was some delays in processing my appeal (and potentially others?) so they are getting around to it now. I got this letter on 20th may so adding on a month or so gives me end of June and they have to respond by 04 July as per AIT deadline.

So looks like my decision will be towards the end as well. Only had the one ridiculous reason for rejection as well which was ridiculous considering my wife has obtained two visitor visas prior to this on the exact same documents that were questioned this time. Ridiculous.

ANyway hope this info was helpful to you.

Thanks
Zaki

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed May 25, 2011 11:53 am

Hi

Just to let you all know, these are the documents I submitted:
1) Marriage certificate (original, English and Nadra0
2) As I live with family, I provided Land Registry office copies, Statutory Declaration from parents, mortgage company statement, council tax bill
3) Land Registry copies for own property
4) Letter from employer
5) Wage slips
6) Bank statements
7) Letter from HMRC
8) Letter from mobile company confirming number
9) Mobile records, greeting cards
10) Wedding photos, invitation card
11) Previous travel ticket copy
12) Covering Letter explaining circumstances
13) T.B. Certificate
14) English Certificate

My husband submitted his application today. How long does it normally take? and do the Officers go through everything in detail?

Thanks

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:19 pm

A fresh application can take up to 12 weeks, even longer in some cases.

I'm a bit confused. You say you with family, and that you submitted the land registry deeds (which I assume are in your parents' names), yet in item 3 you state you submitted copies of your own property?

Argh, I think work is getting to me...

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

fz158 wrote:
khan786 wrote:Salaam all, not Long left till my appeal date comes to an end( 20th June ).

salam Khan786,

I am in same boat as yourself and can confirm what AIT have said. Reason being is I made a formal complaint to Home Office regarding handling of my wife's case and initally they dismissed complaint, etc but then when I asked them to forward my complaint to Head Of Customer Services, I got response back that they would respond within next month or so about both complaint I have made and decision on appeal as well.

Supposedly there was some delays in processing my appeal (and potentially others?) so they are getting around to it now. I got this letter on 20th may so adding on a month or so gives me end of June and they have to respond by 04 July as per AIT deadline.

So looks like my decision will be towards the end as well. Only had the one ridiculous reason for rejection as well which was ridiculous considering my wife has obtained two visitor visas prior to this on the exact same documents that were questioned this time. Ridiculous.

Thanks
Zaki

Hi Zak

Dont worry every thing will be fine i cant live without my wife i m missing so much. if some thing happen like this i will move to pakistan dont wanna go into appeals or any thing else,

did u submitted ur land registry docs, i didnt but i submitted a letter from council

pray for me as well i am expecting outcome around about 10 june

thanx

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 pm

ss27 wrote:
fz158 wrote:

salam Khan786,

Thanks
Zaki

Hi Zak

Dont worry every thing will be fine i cant live without my wife i m missing so much. if some thing happen like this i will move to pakistan dont wanna go into appeals or any thing else,

did u submitted ur land registry docs, i didnt but i submitted a letter from council

thanx
Heh,

Inshallaha everything will be fine. TBH did consider Pakistan but with the current condition of the country, not really a safe place to be and not much future out there.

Yes because I live in my parents house did submit land registry docs and also accompanying letter from parents confirming they were happy for me and wife to continue to reside their rent free.

Im sure letter from council in your name should suffice but one thing i have learnt from this whole process, is leave nothing to chance (or more specifcally to the ECO judgement).

Have everything signed, verified, attested, etc where necessary. I would actually go as far as to say that next time I would get my documents (where applicable) not only attested but then verified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan. This is what I did for my appeal papers, more specifcally the Nikka Nama which they were questioning.

Btw I am and will be praying for all those going through this stupid and unfair process.

zaki

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:48 pm

fz158 wrote:
ss27 wrote:
fz158 wrote:

salam Khan786,

Thanks
Zaki

Hi Zak

thanx
Heh,

Inshallaha everything will be fine. TBH did consider Pakistan but with the current condition of the country, not really a safe place to be and not much future out there.

Yes because I live in my parents house did submit land registry docs and also accompanying letter from parents confirming they were happy for me and wife to continue to reside their rent free.

Im sure letter from council in your name should suffice but one thing i have learnt from this whole process, is leave nothing to chance (or more specifcally to the ECO judgement).

Have everything signed, verified, attested, etc where necessary. I would actually go as far as to say that next time I would get my documents (where applicable) not only attested but then verified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan. This is what I did for my appeal papers, more specifcally the Nikka Nama which they were questioning.

Btw I am and will be praying for all those going through this stupid and unfair process.

zaki

thanks Zaki

i know the condition is not v good over there i hope i will b more happy and relaxe with my wife

yes all my wife docs( degree's Nikha nama etc ) are attested by the verified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan

the only thing worrying me the land registry

i dont know how can i miss that

Remeber in your prayers

Thanks

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Nazema, your details have been added to the May 11 tab.

khan786, you still got some time left so inshallah you'll get a response as the time comes closer.

I thought Safia would break the news to you all but it seems she is perhaps occupied, hope she doesn't mind but alhamdulillah her appeal has been accepted and decision has been overturned as of this past Monday :).

I was a day behind her so unfortunately I haven't received any news so if anybody should be worried then perhaps that's me?

Zaf is next in line so I wonder what is his update.

Khan786, when you said cases nowadays are being responded to on last 1-2 days of appeal, what do you mean by that?? Do you mean towards the last days of the 3rd month?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi mgsBoys 86

I live with parents so Statutory Declaration, copy deeds from them and council letter. I also own a property but don't live in it so I have given land registry copies and explained in covering letter that we will move into that property in the future.

Regards

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Just a quick question - once application is lodged, is it forwarded to Islamabad? and from people's experience how long does it normally take for it to be forwarded?

Thanks

Asil_88

h

Post by Asil_88 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 pm

My wife submitted her application 23/5/2011 in Islamabad. Just praying to ALLAH that she gets the visa at first time. ISHALLAH

Asil_88

g

Post by Asil_88 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Can anyone upload my details on the spreadsheet thanks.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm

when do the eco contact employer or sponsor normally, what is the latest date anyone has heard.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Sammad wrote:Just to update everyone, my wife got her visa on the 11/5/2011 she is in England now living with me...

At the airport in the UK, she was only asked my name and that if I was her husband and she was free to go, I filled in her landing card which helped, and made the process much quicker.
So if husband collects the wife from Pak and fills in the landing card that is handed out in the plane, then the whole process is simpler in terms of them asking questions???? isn't landing card given to the airline though?

Asil, your details have been added.

Nazema, ideally it is forwarded the same day and under process about a week or so later.

Anjum, around after the 10th week and before the 12th week, so in between usually. Then again you could say it all depends on a case by case. Some people get their result within 10 weeks so not much that I can say for those lucky ones.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Sammad wrote:Just to update everyone, my wife got her visa on the 11/5/2011 she is in England now living with me...

At the airport in the UK, she was only asked my name and that if I was her husband and she was free to go, I filled in her landing card which helped, and made the process much quicker.
So if husband collects the wife from Pak and fills in the landing card that is handed out in the plane, then the whole process is simpler in terms of them asking questions???? isn't landing card given to the airline though?

Asil, your details have been added.

Nazema, ideally it is forwarded the same day and under process about a week or so later.

Anjum, around after the 10th week and before the 12th week, so in between usually. Then again you could say it all depends on a case by case. Some people get their result within 10 weeks so not much that I can say for those lucky ones.
oh sugar, i will be on holiday then, i will cum back on thee 10th week, my dad is saying dont go as it might affect my application, but can it affect it? Im in 2 minds now shall i go or shall i not??????
Im really missing my wife.
The only thing im worried about is if they check up on my tax with HMRC in the 10th week i would not have paid it as i would HAVE be in pakistan for the last 6 weeks, so they might think sum things wrong here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
TOTALLY CONFUSED NOW

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 25, 2011 8:30 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:when do the eco contact employer or sponsor normally, what is the latest date anyone has heard.
they contacted me 10 days after my wife submitted her application. it was a very nice pakistani lady asking some questions etc.

but they haven't contacted my employer and its 10 weeks. not sure if they going to contact them or not......
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Anjum

How can it affect your application? The fact that you are going back to visit your wife goes to show how much you love her. In the mind of the ECO, this will appear to be a subsisting relationship.

Are you self employed? Could you clarify on the tax issue. If you are working for an organisation, you will be paying tax through PAYE.

Ali

They do not contact your employer for every case. If they have a doubt, then they will. But in most cases they do not contact the employer.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 25, 2011 9:01 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Anjum

How can it affect your application? The fact that you are going back to visit your wife goes to show how much you love her. In the mind of the ECO, this will appear to be a subsisting relationship.

Are you self employed? Could you clarify on the tax issue. If you are working for an organisation, you will be paying tax through PAYE.

Ali

They do not contact your employer for every case. If they have a doubt, then they will. But in most cases they do not contact the employer.
im not self employed, i work for a company, what i meant was, the eco will want to verify if i am working or not, so they will (if they do) contact HMRC to see if i am paying tax or not, do u understand what i am trying to say.
I think they verify that u are working through a number of different ways, (If the are doing it properly) im not really sure about this may b more experienced people can correct me. And my holidays are unpaid

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Right, that makes a hell of a difference. If you're taking 6 weeks of unpaid leave, you will not be paying tax. But the fact that you are taking unpaid leave will be relayed to HMRC. The organisation will (should) confirm you are still working for the company.

The problem comes when the HMRC confirms that you are not employed, then all hell breaks loose.

I wouldn't worry at all.