ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tan123
Newly Registered

ILR Queries

Post by tan123 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier1 (converted from WP) and planning to apply ILR and have following queries
1. I am planning to use PEO serivce. Do I need to take my family members as well or can i go alone?
2. I have conuncil tax bills for last 5 years which showcase mine and my wife name. I hope it will be ok to show as cohabitation proof.
3. I have last 5 years P60 and payslips.
4. I have quartely bank statements (since last year). Note - statements dated from last year and the latest one is from Mar - May which received in May'11. Is that ok or do I need to ask any single statement from bank.
5. I am not sure if I need emplyment reference.

Please comment.

Thanks,
Tan

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

1. I am planning to use PEO serivce. Do I need to take my family members as well or can i go alone?
NO
2. I have conuncil tax bills for last 5 years which showcase mine and my wife name. I hope it will be ok to show as cohabitation proof.
Should be enough, but suggest you take atleast 2 - 3 documents like say a bank statement, credit card bills etc..
4. I have quartely bank statements (since last year). Note - statements dated from last year and the latest one is from Mar - May which received in May'11. Is that ok or do I need to ask any single statement from bank.
Because your last status is a Tier I G, I suspect you should prove your last year's salary So you will have to provide the payslips and bank statement for your claim period.
Yes. If you are employed, suggest you provide a letter from employer stating that you are employed with them.

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Quote:

Yes. If you are employed, suggest you provide a letter from employer stating that you are employed with them.
Why is a letter from the employer required if you are applying under Tier1(General)? There is no requirement mentioned in the section 10-Documents for this group.

kunald

Post by kunald » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 pm

abhayk wrote: Why is a letter from the employer required if you are applying under Tier1(General)? There is no requirement mentioned in the section 10-Documents for this group.
It has become a norm nowadays. Caseworkers always asks for it and the applicants take it with them as getting an employer letter is pretty straight forward (in most cases). You are right though. Employer letter is not required for those on Tier-1.

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 pm

abhayk wrote:

Why is a letter from the employer required if you are applying under Tier1(General)? There is no requirement mentioned in the section 10-Documents for this group.

It has become a norm nowadays. Caseworkers always asks for it and the applicants take it with them as getting an employer letter is pretty straight forward (in most cases). You are right though. Employer letter is not required for those on Tier-1.
Are you aware of any case where ILR has been refused because the employer letter has not been provided by Tier1(General) applicant?

In my case, I am leaving my current employer on 9th June and taking up a contracting role from the 13th of June under my own company. I will be eligible to apply for ILR on 17th June and will apply before the end of the month. I will not have an employer letter but will have the contract which I have executed with the organization where I will be working for the next 6 months. Do you think that will suffice in place of a letter from the employer?