ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Right, that makes a hell of a difference. If you're taking 6 weeks of unpaid leave, you will not be paying tax. But the fact that you are taking unpaid leave will be relayed to HMRC. The organisation will (should) confirm you are still working for the company.

The problem comes when the HMRC confirms that you are not employed, then all hell breaks loose.

I wouldn't worry at all.
ur telling me all hell breaks loose, and telling me dont worry, lol
im spechless, lol

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 pm

lol! I didn't mean it that way bruv haha

Like as if HMRC are going to say that you are not working. Stay positive brother :)

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 am

Shadow86 wrote:Nazema, your details have been added to the May 11 tab.

khan786, you still got some time left so inshallah you'll get a response as the time comes closer.

I thought Safia would break the news to you all but it seems she is perhaps occupied, hope she doesn't mind but alhamdulillah her appeal has been accepted and decision has been overturned as of this past Monday :).

I was a day behind her so unfortunately I haven't received any news so if anybody should be worried then perhaps that's me?

Zaf is next in line so I wonder what is his update.

Khan786, when you said cases nowadays are being responded to on last 1-2 days of appeal, what do you mean by that?? Do you mean towards the last days of the 3rd month?
For example ur appeal date ends on 1st June they can send u call letter on 30 th or 31st may. Lady at ait stated that this seems to be trend Eco reply in the last week of the ai10
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 am

Hi

Just checked my application status and it states application forwarded to Islamabad OC - does this mean British High Commission?

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:20 am

Guys, the ECO dont contact HMRC, had they have contacted HMRC in my case they wouldnt have refused my husbands visa cos HMRC would have confirmed that I was employed

similar with my brothers case, if the ECO had contacted HMRC his self employment would have been confirmed

the burden of proof is upon the applicant....which means they rely on the applicant to provide all the info upon which they rely on.....

You new lot have too much faith in ECO's.......to me their uneducated & incompetent overpaid fools..........(lol)

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 am

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:when do the eco contact employer or sponsor normally, what is the latest date anyone has heard.
they contacted me 10 days after my wife submitted her application. it was a very nice pakistani lady asking some questions etc.

but they haven't contacted my employer and its 10 weeks. not sure if they going to contact them or not......
Hi

they havent contacted me i have checked with my wife and my HR they havent received any call or email

Ali have u booked ur ticket, i am thinking to go as well havent decided yet hope fully get good news soon
bloody bank holidays

46 days gone 14 days left expecting 15june

Good luck every body

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Update guys today for me:
Status: 26/05/11 ready for collection and collected- visa issued

Employer never contacted.

I was very happy and emotional on hearing the news.

So just hang on there Ali they are taking 11 weeks as according to recent results.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am

Shoaib82 wrote:Update guys today for me:

So just hang on there Ali they are taking 11 weeks as according to recent results.
congratulations
feeling very happy 4 u , atleast one of us is not stressing anymore

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu May 26, 2011 11:37 am

congrats Shoaib

Do pray for us

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Good Luck Dear

congratulation Bro very best of luck
Last edited by ss27 on Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:19 pm

khan786, thanks for clearing that up. I thought so. Well I think MALE applicants are receiving better response than FEMALE applicants in terms of appeal. Male sponsors here are the ones waiting longer (well mostly at least).

Nazema, yes the Islamabad OC means British High Commission. In a few days or a week or so it'll change to "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission" and whatever the date of that will be please let me know so that I can add that date to the spreadsheet.

Congratulations Shoaib82! :) so March applicants brace yourselves for the results are near now :D.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 pm

CRT7 wrote:Guys, the ECO dont contact HMRC, had they have contacted HMRC in my case they wouldnt have refused my husbands visa cos HMRC would have confirmed that I was employed

similar with my brothers case, if the ECO had contacted HMRC his self employment would have been confirmed

the burden of proof is upon the applicant....which means they rely on the applicant to provide all the info upon which they rely on.....

You new lot have too much faith in ECO's.......to me their uneducated & incompetent overpaid fools..........(lol)
That is a very good point. It is explicitly stated that the burden of proof is on the applicant, and so the applicant must provide all the necessary information in order to allow the ECO to make a decision.

It looks like Marcg applicants are now receiving their decisions. Shoaib, I am very happy for you brother. Good luck everyone. My prayers and best wishes are with you all.

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu May 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Shadow86 - will let you know as soon as it changes or I have some new info

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 3:51 pm

nice one. I'm so happy for you. Wish u all the best.

My wife sent an email to BHC on Monday and got a reply today saying it is still under process. I think they will refuse our application because I haven't provided enough evidence on communication.....

But I have provided many photos of me and my wife and my son etc. I have visited them in March 2011.

Can't to hear the good/bad news.
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 26, 2011 4:03 pm

AliGG wrote:

nice one. I'm so happy for you. Wish u all the best.

My wife sent an email to BHC on Monday and got a reply today saying it is still under process. I think they will refuse our application because I haven't provided enough evidence on communication.....

But I have provided many photos of me and my wife and my son etc. I have visited them in March 2011.

Can't to hear the good/bad news.
relax dont think negative,
i sent an email on the 12th asking what the current processing time is and guess what no reply.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Funny enough I also received a e-mail today from embassy as well in which they refused to give any details on the progress of the application due to privacy law.

I see that mostly applicants are worried about communication evidence, in my case I only sent certified copies of my passport to show entry and exit stamps of Pakistan, I travelled to Pakistan at least 10 times in 1 and half year so I knew 100% that they would never refuse me on lack of communication, didn't even bother sending them my mobile phone bill showing thousands of SMS to Pakistan LOL. :twisted:

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 7:19 pm

AliGG wrote:***UPDATE****

One of my friend submitted their application islamabad on the 28th Feb 2011 and their application is ready for collection since last friday. Not sure when they gonna pick up but will let you guys know if i hear something from them soon. Good luck to him and his family.

***CHEERS***

AliGG

****SAD NEWS*****

Just to let guys know that there applocation has been refused. I thought their supporting documents were great. The guy is a taxi driver and his paper work was great. I am disappointed but will advise them to be strong.......

I don't know the reasons of why they refused. I will update all once I hear from them. By the way he was from Afghanistan... same as me....

Wish everyone all the best
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 pm

ss27 wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:when do the eco contact employer or sponsor normally, what is the latest date anyone has heard.
they contacted me 10 days after my wife submitted her application. it was a very nice pakistani lady asking some questions etc.

but they haven't contacted my employer and its 10 weeks. not sure if they going to contact them or not......
Hi

they havent contacted me i have checked with my wife and my HR they havent received any call or email

Ali have u booked ur ticket, i am thinking to go as well havent decided yet hope fully get good news soon
bloody bank holidays

46 days gone 14 days left expecting 15june

Good luck every body
Hi ss27,

No, I am not going anywhere. I visited them in Feb 2011. I was just thinking about airline ticket for my wife. Thats it.

Now as they have refused my friend's application, im getting more and more nervious.
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Shoaib82 wrote:Funny enough I also received a e-mail today from embassy as well in which they refused to give any details on the progress of the application due to privacy law.

I see that mostly applicants are worried about communication evidence, in my case I only sent certified copies of my passport to show entry and exit stamps of Pakistan, I travelled to Pakistan at least 10 times in 1 and half year so I knew 100% that they would never refuse me on lack of communication, didn't even bother sending them my mobile phone bill showing thousands of SMS to Pakistan LOL. :twisted:
sallam Shoaib,

I am so happy for you. Just a quick question. Can you please tell me where did your wife take the english language test? If you could give me the name of the institution would be great.

re: communication, I got married in Jan 2008, i think i visited her like 10 times between 2008 - 2010. Then I didn't see her since Jan 2010 until Feb 2011. I was doing my MSc. But i provided some wedding photos, and photos of me and her when I visited her etc and photo of me and wife and my son (feb 2011). I also provided copies of my passprt showing the stamps in and out of Afghanistan but the copies haven't been certified.

I am so sure if that is enough or not.
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Some of my other friends are thinking to apply for UK visa and they need some info on the english test etc.

Whenever you get a chance can you all kindly let me know where your wifes took the engliash lanugage test.

many thanks.
Ali
XX

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 pm

W Salam ali,
My wife did her ielts in Lahore from the British council. The test takes place at pearl continental hotel. This seriously delayed the application by 2 months but I always believed the test should be taken with a reputable institution and British council is the sort of institute whom the British embassy won't raise any objection on even if they tried.

British council only takes test and dosent give any tuition, my wife took private 1-1 tuition but there are loads of centers in Lahore giving tuition for ielts test. I would personally recommend only taking the test with a reputable institute.

Further, I am surprised you didn't send them certified copies of ur passport pages showing entry and exit stamps, but hey it's on your luck as some people's visa have been refused for not sending Nadra marriage certificate but I only sent them original Urdu and English translation so I guess I got lucky.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Shoaib82 wrote:W Salam ali,
My wife did her ielts in Lahore from the British council. The test takes place at pearl continental hotel. This seriously delayed the application by 2 months but I always believed the test should be taken with a reputable institution and British council is the sort of institute whom the British embassy won't raise any objection on even if they tried.

British council only takes test and dosent give any tuition, my wife took private 1-1 tuition but there are loads of centers in Lahore giving tuition for ielts test. I would personally recommend only taking the test with a reputable institute.

Further, I am surprised you didn't send them certified copies of ur passport pages showing entry and exit stamps, but hey it's on your luck as some people's visa have been refused for not sending Nadra marriage certificate but I only sent them original Urdu and English translation so I guess I got lucky.
nice one thanks. I didn't know that we had to provide certified copy of passport.... lets wait and see what they will decide.

Thank you!
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 26, 2011 10:35 pm

AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:***UPDATE****

One of my friend submitted their application islamabad on the 28th Feb 2011 and their application is ready for collection since last friday. Not sure when they gonna pick up but will let you guys know if i hear something from them soon. Good luck to him and his family.

***CHEERS***

AliGG

****SAD NEWS*****

Just to let guys know that there applocation has been refused. I thought their supporting documents were great. The guy is a taxi driver and his paper work was great. I am disappointed but will advise them to be strong.......

I don't know the reasons of why they refused. I will update all once I hear from them. By the way he was from Afghanistan... same as me....

Wish everyone all the best
my dad was telling me that most taxi drivers visa gets rejected, because of the self assessment crap, whos next in line for a reply

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Thu May 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Just wanted to ask 2 questions..

How long does it take for a Pakistani citizen to make a passport and ID card?

and

How long does it usually take for a Pakistani citizen to get a spouse visa to UK?

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 pm

jalebi wrote:Just wanted to ask 2 questions..

How long does it take for a Pakistani citizen to make a passport and ID card?

and

How long does it usually take for a Pakistani citizen to get a spouse visa to UK?
i think that u r asking about a pakistani passport and ID yh,
it will take 30 days for the ID card, (15 days if fast track or urgent application is used), the only difference between the fast track and urgent is that in the fast track u dont need 2 wait in the queues. the price for the urgent is 300rps and fast track is 1000, normal is FREE.
NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THE PASSPORT, I THINK ITS 15 DAYS AND IT COSTS ABOUT 3000-4000RPS, CAN SOME ADD TO THIS
AND FOR UR SECOND QUESTION, WELL IT ALL DEPENDS, IT IS TAKING ABOUT 12 WEEKS