ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office verification- what do they ask?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikhil

Home Office verification- what do they ask?

Post by nikhil » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:20 pm

Hey friends

Can anyone tell me what does home office asks an ex employer when they call the employer up? My intentions are simple...need to create a reference letter which shall have all the details that home office might want to clarify. I am not trying to forge anything here, simply trying to make it easier for the HO guys to reference check me.

do they also confirm the date of employments etc? I mean the letter I have states I have worked from June 2003 to May 2005. Is this okay or do I need to put in the exact dates as well??

Any help would be much appreciated!

purvil
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office verification- what do they ask?

Post by purvil » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:29 am

nikhil wrote:Hey friends

Can anyone tell me what does home office asks an ex employer when they call the employer up? My intentions are simple...need to create a reference letter which shall have all the details that home office might want to clarify. I am not trying to forge anything here, simply trying to make it easier for the HO guys to reference check me.

They usually check to if you are currently working at the company you have mentioned. They will not say they calling from HO. Someone will call up speaking in local language and ask for you.

do they also confirm the date of employments etc? I mean the letter I have states I have worked from June 2003 to May 2005. Is this okay or do I need to put in the exact dates as well??

You must include dates in your experience letter. Your employer doesnt need to remember exact dates as there may be so many employees in the company. They will ask the signatory person regarding your duties and when you joined and your scale.

nikhil

Re: Home Office verification- what do they ask?

Post by nikhil » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:20 am

purvil wrote:
nikhil wrote:Hey friends

They usually check to if you are currently working at the company you have mentioned. They will not say they calling from HO. Someone will call up speaking in local language and ask for you.

You must include dates in your experience letter. Your employer doesnt need to remember exact dates as there may be so many employees in the company. They will ask the signatory person regarding your duties and when you joined and your scale.

Thanks a lot purvill!