ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 extension payslip query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramyanar

tier 1 extension payslip query

Post by ramyanar » Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 am

Hi,

I work under an umbrella company and they pay me around 300 GBP in advance every month before the salary and the amount is taken back from my net salary when i get it.

It is mentioned in payslip as advance recovery and they minus it from the net salary will there be any problem because of this when i go for extension.

Please

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Thu May 26, 2011 9:31 am

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have a similar query. So I thought i might as well post here (than create a new thread)

Our claim period : June 2010 to May 2011.

My husband (main applicant) has been in the UK on an assignment from his Indian firm from June2010 to Oct 2010. He later became an employee of the UK firm. So until Oct, he was paid per-diem and provided accomodation. His Indian salary was paid. He got payslips here and also in India. UK payslips show a gross of £5000 and deductions of £4000 (the pay slip doesn not contain the details of the deductions) towards indian sal, accomodation etc....... Tax colum says 'cumulative' and NI says 'N/A'...

His payslips from Nov 2010 onwards are straight forward.

Could someone please tell me if there can be any issue from june-oct2010 payslips? We plan to show just the UK payslips. Do you think we should include India payslips as well? (india sal comes from UK deductions)..

Please advice...

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Thu May 26, 2011 4:19 pm

To be clear about my query,

my total earnings per month is 2600
total deductions is 350
gross salary is 2250
NI + taxes is 450 so net will be 1800
advance recovery is 300
net paid is 1500

will it be any problem if there is advance recovery in my payslip?
do I need to highlight in the bank statement the advance paid amount.
I think that I can claim points for gross salary (2250)

any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Thu May 26, 2011 5:49 pm

You should be able to claim points on gross as tax is paid on this.
But at the same time you should provide clarification of advance recovery from your agency as ECO can doubt that your earnings are not genuine and you are paying them back to boost your earnings

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm

thanks for the reply so do i need to get the letter from the employer that he is paying me in advance and recovering later.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Thu May 26, 2011 6:08 pm

It could be letter as well as proof that you received that amount e.g. in your bank account/advance receipt etc.
Depends on the ECO but if you have more evidence it would be easy to prove that your case is genuine.