ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit return ticket

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramyanar

family visit return ticket

Post by ramyanar » Thu May 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi,

I have a query after we get the family visit visa while booking the ticket do we need to book return tickets also. Because we havent planned the return date and decided to book later and booked only one way ticket. Will there be any problem in the airport if there is no return ticket as it is a visitors visa?

Please advice

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu May 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Yes, not having a return ticket is a major reason for being turned away even with a visa as it shows no intention to return.

Generally return tickets are cheaper than singles and you can get open returns (where you can change the return date for either free or a small charge). Given that this option is available, it would be very suspect for anyone to arrive in the UK without a return ticket which is paid for.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 26, 2011 2:15 pm

The travellers may not be allowed to board the flight to UK - with a visit visa and a one-way ticket!

Depends on how immigration control works in that country.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Thu May 26, 2011 2:17 pm

ok so return ticket is must. Thank you all for the advice

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 am

Its not only must, its cheaper as well.

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Fri May 27, 2011 10:46 am

thank you but one more question i booked the ticket in british airways while going and i want to return back along with other relatives but they are returning in different airlines so can i book return ticket now along with them in different airlines other than british airways?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri May 27, 2011 11:02 am

Yes you can, just make sure your family have the tickets available when they fly over.

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 am

ok thank you for the reply