ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panzer
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) extension

Post by panzer » Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Hello All,

I have arrived recently in UK. I have got an offer to join an organization on the 20th of June.
My Tier 1 (General) visa is valid up to 29th of June 2012. Considering that I would have to apply for an extension around mid of May 2012, I would have around 10 and a half months of salary to show as proof for my income for claiming points against that.

My concerns are:
1) Will 10.5 months of proof of salary be enough to claim the points required for the extension or showing 12 months salary slip is mandatory? (Provided 10.5 months salary are enough to get the points i need for an extension)
2) Can i delay applying for an extension till the 1st week of June 2012, so that I can show an additional months salary slip (May 2012)?
3) What happens if my visa expires after I have applied for an extension but before I have received it? Would I need to leave UK? If yes, will my employment still stand and will i need to provide the address of my home country to receive my passport?

Your kind response would be much appreciated as based on which, I would decide whether I should take up the job or choose to go back to my home country.

tier1_applicant

Re: Tier 1 (General) extension

Post by tier1_applicant » Thu May 26, 2011 5:22 pm

1) You can show earnings for less than 12 months
2) You can apply till you have valid visa e.g. even on the last day of your visa
3) If you apply before your visa expiry, there is no need to leave the country and can continue to work until a decision is made even though your existing visa expires during this process

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm

panzer wrote:Hello All,

I have arrived recently in UK. I have got an offer to join an organization on the 20th of June.
My Tier 1 (General) visa is valid up to 29th of June 2012. Considering that I would have to apply for an extension around mid of May 2012, I would have around 10 and a half months of salary to show as proof for my income for claiming points against that.

My concerns are:
1) Will 10.5 months of proof of salary be enough to claim the points required for the extension or showing 12 months salary slip is mandatory? (Provided 10.5 months salary are enough to get the points i need for an extension)

No
2) Can i delay applying for an extension till the 1st week of June 2012, so that I can show an additional months salary slip (May 2012)?
Yes
3) What happens if my visa expires after I have applied for an extension but before I have received it? Would I need to leave UK? If yes, will my employment still stand and will i need to provide the address of my home country to receive my passport?
No but if your visa is not granted you will be removed following a removal process
Your kind response would be much appreciated as based on which, I would decide whether I should take up the job or choose to go back to my home country.

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Thu May 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes 10.5 months are fine as long as it give you required points.
Yes you can.
You can continue to work till your visa application is decided

panzer
Newly Registered

Post by panzer » Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks all for your prompt responses.