ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS AT GLASGOW

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aosun007

ILR SUCCESS AT GLASGOW

Post by aosun007 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Before telling you the story,I wish to inform you all that this is the best immigration forum so far.
My wife was granted ILR last week based on 5 years work permit.
i booked her appointment for 14:00.I accompanied her there.i did not book appointment with her because i am not her dependant from the scratch.

She has the following documents with her along with her passport.
1.Letter from her employer( just two sentences)
2.her Immigration employment document
3.5 P60's
4.Payslips for April,March and February this year
5 bank statement covering above three months(to show the amount inside payslips correspond)
6.Her return flight ticket Uk -dublin (Her passport was not stamp when she was coming back from dublin to be on safe side),whose know caseworker may say there is no evidence of her entering to UK.
5.Application form.
6.2 passport photgraphs (only one was collected.).
7.Life in UK test.

She was called after 30 minutes to one of the windows.The case worker asked her to submit all the evidence she has,and the case worker asked her if she has worked for only one employer through out of which the answer was yes.
she asked my wife to go and sit down.After 25 minutes,she came back again and called my wife back to the window.she said she has confirmed every information and she is fine with all documents and she has to do the last check the national police check that the system is busy.She asked my wife politely if she did not have any point on her driving license,that if she has she wont get it.she asked my wife to proceed for payment at one window.
To caught the story short,she was granted ILR.we were both happy.Actually,i should obtained it with her if i had gone to Africa to apply as her dependant,but i dont want to take the risk,British embassy can delay application,no matter how perfect your evidences/documents can be,application can be delayed.and it can cost me my job and i decided to stay. I Chose my job over getting ILR in time.I have booked appointment for FLR(M) for the following day which i got as well.the card is with me now.I switched from Initial tier 1 general(which expires september 2012) .its just journey of 2 years,i dont really mind.This forum has let me know that i can apply for BC after getting ILR immediately if law does not change.
All glory be to GOd.
Please note that i was allowed to enter with her after checking my Provisional driving because of the bad weather outside.I want to confirm that the staff in Glasgow are all extremely nice and professional,they make us feel at home.they let you realise that you are all the same no matter colour or race unlike when you apply for visa at your home countries.
ALL GLORY BE TO GOD.
EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM WILL GIVE THEIR OWN TESTIMONIES TOO IN JESUS NAME.
Any question is welcomed

blay1

Re: ILR SUCCESS AT GLASGOW

Post by blay1 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:43 pm

aosun007 wrote:Before telling you the story,I wish to inform you all that this is the best immigration forum so far.
My wife was granted ILR last week based on 5 years work permit.
i booked her appointment for 14:00.I accompanied her there.i did not book appointment with her because i am not her dependant from the scratch.

2.her Immigration employment document
3.5 P60's
4.Payslips for April,March and February this year
5 bank statement covering above three months(to show the amount inside payslips correspond)
6.Her return flight ticket Uk -dublin (Her passport was not stamp when she was coming back from dublin to be on safe side),whose know caseworker may say there is no evidence of her entering to UK.
5.Application form.
6.2 passport photgraphs (only one was collected.).
7.Life in UK test.

She was called after 30 minutes to one of the windows.The case worker asked her to submit all the evidence she has,and the case worker asked her if she has worked for only one employer through out of which the answer was yes.
she asked my wife to go and sit down.After 25 minutes,she came back again and called my wife back to the window.she said she has confirmed every information and she is fine with all documents and she has to do the last check the national police check that the system is busy.She asked my wife politely if she did not have any point on her driving license,that if she has she wont get it.she asked my wife to proceed for payment at one window.
To caught the story short,she was granted ILR.we were both happy.Actually,i should obtained it with her if i had gone to Africa to apply as her dependant,but i dont want to take the risk,British embassy can delay application,no matter how perfect your evidences/documents can be,application can be delayed.and it can cost me my job and i decided to stay. I Chose my job over getting ILR in time.I have booked appointment for FLR(M) for the following day which i got as well.the card is with me now.I switched from Initial tier 1 general(which expires september 2012) .its just journey of 2 years,i dont really mind.This forum has let me know that i can apply for BC after getting ILR immediately if law does not change.
All glory be to GOd.
Please note that i was allowed to enter with her after checking my Provisional driving because of the bad weather outside.I want to confirm that the staff in Glasgow are all extremely nice and professional,they make us feel at home.they let you realise that you are all the same no matter colour or race unlike when you apply for visa at your home countries.
ALL GLORY BE TO GOD.
EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM WILL GIVE THEIR OWN TESTIMONIES TOO IN JESUS NAME.
Any question is welcomed
Congrats to both of you.I don't understand something in your statement,having points on your license does not mean you don't get ILR.The new laws says FPN can be disregarded,so i can't understand why the caseworker said if she fas points on her licence she is not getting her ILR. Can you please clarify the statement please or can seniors comment on this.Thanks

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed May 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Congratulations...

salina02

Post by salina02 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

The good thing about Glasgow is they check the documents and then asked to pay.

genious

Re: ILR SUCCESS AT GLASGOW

Post by genious » Thu May 26, 2011 1:20 pm

aosun007 wrote:
Any question is welcomed

Hi aosun007,

can you post template of letter from her employer.

thanks,

New_ILR
Newly Registered

Dublin Trip

Post by New_ILR » Thu May 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello,

Can you please confirm if case worker asked for the return ticket from the dublin?

I did post the application and have same situation, came back from the dublin and no stamp in the passport.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:39 pm

The Case worker did not ask for any flight tickets.I was expecting the lady to ask my wife but is like she knew that Republic of Ireland Is a CTA with UK so she did not ask for the tickets.Cheers

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 pm

This is the content of the letter.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNED
Dear Sir/Ma,

Jennifer Cole NINO-TD354679C Dob-31/01/1927

I confirm that the above named has been employed by WHITE HOUSE as a Tailor since 02 may 2006.She has a permanent contract and her annual basic salary is £32,000.

This letter is also confirmation that she is still required for the job and the above salary is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 Sponsors.

Yours faithfully,
signed

Shaolin temple
HR

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

When my wife first requested for letter from her employer,the letter they sent to her confirmed to me that they did not know anything about change in immigration requirements.Most employers do not know,We have to tell them.
I quickly came to forum and checked what our powerful moderators has already suggested and i modified it in my own way and then asked my wife to tell her HR that the new requirement mandated that the following information should reflect in the letter and they changed the content to reflect the new requirements.