ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP candidate apply in person at Solihull for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kck9
BANNED

HSMP candidate apply in person at Solihull for ILR

Post by kck9 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello there,

I got my HSMP on 3rd November 2006. I want to confirm few things

1. According to this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... er-remain/

it says that I will not need to meet the 'knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom' requirement. Is that still the same after 6th April 2011 changes???

2. I want to apply in person at Solihull PEO. Because I am on HSMP (Not Tier 1) I am little confused whether I can apply in person at Solihull office or not

The services that are available are here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/
That doesn't clearly say whether they can accept hsmp candidates applications for Settlement.

It only says
Applications for settlement or extension of stay

Public enquiry offices accept applications for permission to extend your stay (known as 'limited leave to remain') or settle permanently (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') in the UK, in the categories below.

General

husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner - forms FLR(M), SET(M), FLR(O) and SET(O)
children - forms FLR(O), SET(O) and SET(F) (only if the child entered the UK with the correct entry clearance)
UK ancestry - forms FLR(O) and SET(O)
visitor - form FLR(O) (for medical visitors, academic visitors and parents accompanying children under 12 years of age who are receiving private education in the UK)

Specific jobs

domestic worker in a private household - forms FLR(O) and SET(O)
offshore worker - form FLR(O)
work permit applications - form FLR(IED)

Points-based system

Tier 1 (Post-study work)
Tier 1 (General) - for highly skilled migrants
Tier 2 (General) - for skilled workers
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
Tier 4 (General) - for adult students
Tier 4 (Child)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - creative and sporting)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - charity worker)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - religious worker)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - government authorised exchange)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - international agreement)
dependents of migrants who have permission to stay under the points-based system - form PBS (Dependant)
(Croydon only) transfer of conditions for migrants who have permission to stay under the points-based system. You must book an appointment online if you want us to transfer your indefinite leave to remain into a new passport (using form NTL). If you want us to transfer your temporary permission to stay (using form TOC), you can come to Croydon between 09:00 and 12:00 without an appointment - you will be seen on the day, but waiting times will vary according to the level of demand. Your permission to stay will not be transferred into your new passport, but instead you will receive a biometric residence permit.

Medical studies

postgraduate doctor or dentist - form FLR(O)
Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test - form FLR(O)
clinical attachment - form FLR(O)

Government and military

(Croydon only) armed forces (no form needed)
armed forces indefinite leave to remain following discharge - form SET(O)
armed forces dependants - form FLR(O)
civilian emloyee of armed forces (civilian component) - form FLR(O)
forces recruitment - form FLR(O)
Can someone let me know if any one applied in person at Solihull

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu May 26, 2011 8:27 pm

2. I want to apply in person at Solihull PEO. Because I am on HSMP (Not Tier 1)
How are you still on HSMP having had it 5 yrs ago? Did you get a straight 5yr visa??

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

gidoc wrote:
2. I want to apply in person at Solihull PEO. Because I am on HSMP (Not Tier 1)
How are you still on HSMP having had it 5 yrs ago? Did you get a straight 5yr visa??
Good question!!! Initially I got HSMP for 2 years till November 2008, but I applied for extension early (for some personal reasons) in January 2008 itself and they gave me visa till November 2011 which was in total for 5 years. At that time Tier 1 was not there. So I ended up with HSMP visa only.

Can someone tell me
1. According to this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... er-remain/

it says that I will not need to meet the 'knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom' requirement. Is that still the same after 6th April 2011 changes???

2. I want to apply in person at Solihull PEO. Because I am on HSMP (Not Tier 1) I am little confused whether I can apply in person at Solihull office or not

The services that are available are here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/
That doesn't clearly say whether they can accept hsmp candidates applications for Settlement.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Fri May 27, 2011 7:03 am

1. position is the same even after April 2011 changes -- no change would be made to nullify judicial review order
2. yes you can apply at PEO using SET(O) form - on this forum there are instances