ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependent Visa Guidance

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehandha
Newly Registered

PSW Dependent Visa Guidance

Post by rehandha » Thu May 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello,

I am Rehan Ahmed, Pakistani, living in UK since last two years.

I am currently on PSW visa and now I have to apply for my Wife visa.

I have few questions:

1) I know I have to send my Passport and visa copies, do I have to send attested copies?

2) I have to show three months bank statement of £2400. is that correct?

3) Do I have to send my Pay Slips? I just started work and there are 4 pay slips which I can send, is that OK?

4) Do I have to send Pay Slips of my part time job which I did when I was on student visa?

5) Any guidance on processing time?

Many Thanks,
Rehan

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: PSW Dependent Visa Guidance

Post by terriblescream » Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 pm

rehandha wrote:Hello,

I am Rehan Ahmed, Pakistani, living in UK since last two years.

I am currently on PSW visa and now I have to apply for my Wife visa.

I have few questions:

1) I know I have to send my Passport and visa copies, do I have to send attested copies?

2) I have to show three months bank statement of £2400. is that correct?

3) Do I have to send my Pay Slips? I just started work and there are 4 pay slips which I can send, is that OK?

4) Do I have to send Pay Slips of my part time job which I did when I was on student visa?

5) Any guidance on processing time?

Many Thanks,
Rehan
1. You just have to send copies they necessarily do not have to be attested, since your VISA is already in their system.

2. The UKBA states you just need 533 pounds for your dependent to join you for 3 months since you have been in the UK for over 12months, since many of the users in this forum suggest you keep 800 as well so 800+533=1322, you would require 2400 if you have been in the UK for less than 12 months. But I wrote to UKBA and they stated you do not have to show the 800 again

3. Payslips are not necessary, you can send if you wish since it will confirm you are already in employment

4. You dont need payslips for part time work you did on student visa

5. Depends on where you apply, All Pakistani applications are processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE now so take around 2-4 weeks check on www.ukvisas.gov.uk

6. Do send your original marriage certificate (with translation if in Urdu) plus evidence of subsiting relationship for eg phone bills, emails etc,

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:34 am

^ What about accommodation ?

and i also want to apply for my partner but i don't use email or uk mobile network for international calls..i just use calling cards so what i should include as a proofs. Do we have send photos as well

i assume these all things are personal why they ask for it

rehandha
Newly Registered

TB Test

Post by rehandha » Fri May 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Thank you very much for your replies.

One quick question, what would be the best time for TB test, if my wife has to apply visa in the first week of July?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 27, 2011 5:24 pm

modern_newton wrote:^ What about accommodation ?

and i also want to apply for my partner but i don't use email or uk mobile network for international calls..i just use calling cards so what i should include as a proofs. Do we have send photos as well

i assume these all things are personal why they ask for it
Well they dont ask for these personal things but they are better to be provided rather than risk the application, for eg you in the uk your parnter back home so ECO in his mind IS THIS RELATION SUBSISTING, so you have proofs of calling, etc

Pictures to confirm that wedding did actual take place and is not on paper itself.

Although there is no legal requirement of tenancy contract, the question would be can your dependent be accomodated ? so that's y you should provide copy of tenancy agreement, or temp accomodation such as hotel reservation and when he/she arrives in UK you can arrage suitable accomodation.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: TB Test

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 27, 2011 5:25 pm

rehandha wrote:Thank you very much for your replies.

One quick question, what would be the best time for TB test, if my wife has to apply visa in the first week of July?
I'd suggest you do it asap, get onto Gerrys Website and find out.

rehandha
Newly Registered

Affidavit

Post by rehandha » Mon May 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Thank You very much for your previous reply.

I have one more question for you, I came to know that I have to write a letter which will be a declaration that I am planning to bring my wife here in UK on PSW dependent.

Do I have to write this declaration on affidavit?

If yes, then can I ask any solicitor in UK to attest that affidavit for me?

Can I have sample text for that declaration?

Thank You.

rehandha
Newly Registered

Checklist

Post by rehandha » Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Secondly, is it possible that I can have a checklist of all documents I require?

Many Thanks.
Rehan

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Checklist

Post by terriblescream » Mon May 30, 2011 10:58 pm

rehandha wrote:Secondly, is it possible that I can have a checklist of all documents I require?

Many Thanks.
Rehan
1. Just write a simple letter, no need of affidavit.

2. Here is the check list, just follow Dependents guide which is page 3
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... stier1psw1

rehandha
Newly Registered

Address to use for letters

Post by rehandha » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your previous reply.

For all the letters I have to submit for wife's visa, I have to write the name whom i writing letters to.

This is the name and address I have for British High Comission visa in pakistan, could you please verify if this address is correct?

The Visa Section
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5
P O Box 1122
Islamabad, Pakistan

Many Thanks,
Rehan

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Address to use for letters

Post by terriblescream » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:01 pm

rehandha wrote:Hi,

For all the letters I have to submit for wife's visa, I have to write the name whom i writing letters to.

This is the name and address I have for British High Comission visa in pakistan, could you please verify if this address is correct?

The Visa Section
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5
P O Box 1122
Islamabad, Pakistan

Many Thanks,
Rehan
That's not where your visa application will go, all applications from Pakistan are processed and visa issued from Abu Dhabi

Visa Section
British Embassy
Khalid Bin Waleed Street(Street 22)
P O BOX 248
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Employment proof or tenancy agreement are NOT mandatory.UKBA can,t refuse you if you don,t submit any of theses.

rehandha
Newly Registered

Sample Text

Post by rehandha » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello,

Can I get sample content for the supporting declaration I have to make?

Many Thanks,
Rehan

rehandha
Newly Registered

Accomodation Letter

Post by rehandha » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 am

Hello,

I have one quick question.

My and My brother rented three rooms house in UK. We are living there since last year. The house contract is on both of our names.

The only problem is that the rent of house is taken out from my brothers account, however I pay him my contibution every month.

I am applying my wife's dependent visa and I will get accomodation letter from letting agency without any issue.

Now, do I have to mention this thing somewhere in documentation? That I pay my contribution to my brother and then the rent is taken out from his account?

Replies are highly appreciated.

Rehan