ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family name while applying after marriage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priya123
Newly Registered

Family name while applying after marriage

Post by priya123 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:12 am

Hi,

I'm planning apply for HSMP and need few clarifications. I'm checking this forum from long time and it is so helpful and decided to apply myself with the guidance of the members. My sincere apologies if these questions are answered else where in the forum.

1) I applied for the passport after the marriage, So my passport, all my current bank statements and proof of addresses are with new Family name. But my certificates, employment letters, pay slips are with previous Family Name.

My doubt is, what family name I should be using in HSMP Application? Do I have to explain about both family names in covering letter?

2)Looking into latest guidelines, for partner achievement the address proof should be shown from the date of marriage. I got married in April 2004, but have the bank and bill statements from the beginning of 2005.

Is it OK if I show the marriage certificate, statements for the year 2005 and 2006?Or is it must that, the statements should be from the month of marriage?

3) I've MBA and working as Research Associate from last 3 years in the same company. I got the experience letter which states the role, responsibilities and duration. It is just one page document from our HR department. Is it enough to claim 25 points, or do I need any other supporting documents?

I didn't find similar questions in previous posts ( or may be my poor search skills). Apologies once again, if this kind of questions are answered before.

Looking forward for your advices.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Priya

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 am

My doubt is, what family name I should be using in HSMP Application? Do I have to explain about both family names in covering letter?
You use your surname, and from what you post that seems to be the surname you adopted after the marriage.

Explain in a covering letter? I think that enclosing the marriage certificate is probably all you need to do. That is, that marriage certificate gives a very good reason why your surname changed. It also provides a very good paper trail to show that the former Miss A is actually the same person as Mrs B.
John

priya123
Newly Registered

Post by priya123 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 pm

John,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Can somebody advice me on the other two please.

Cheers
Priya