ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension PLEASE GUIDE...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension PLEASE GUIDE...

Post by blueocean1 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Friends waiting for your input please...
---------------------------------------------------

SCENARIO Currently in UK on a Tier 1 Visa expiring in Oct 2011. Am in UK on an transfer via my employer (employed in India)

REMUNERATION / EARNINGS India Salary
UK salary paid in Net. No NI or TAX deduced

ADVISE REQUIRED :
I am getting net salary and no NI or Tax is deduced, salary slip has only one entry for the net payment ?I checked with my employer and they won;t be able to give the gross earnings. In this case how should I claim the points for earnings? Do I need to claim points only on net earning? Can I convert the same to Gross? (The offer letter is also in net )

2. . I don't have the P60 ( as employed by Indian company). What are the proof of income I have to show ? Is bank statements and pay slip enough? Again as mention salary slip is net salary so how the case worker will match the gross salary? And against what ?

3. I am getting the Indian salary? Can I show that as earning to calculate net salary? Do I need to use the uplift factor for conversion ? On the points calculator there is only one option of the country? Can we consider earning from here (UK) and India..as most Indian company do the same

4. How much earnings I need to show for claiming points for earning. Is this based on the new rules or old as I grant my Tier 1 before April 2010

5. I was awarded 20 points for age, will I get the same now ( I am currently 31 years )

Appreciate for your reply on this...

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.â€

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Hello there,
:( 171 views and not a single reply made me worried evey before I apply for T1Ex..I came here with lots of hope...

Awaiting for your help.

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Extension PLEASE GUIDE...

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 pm

[quote="blueocean1"]Friends waiting for your input please...

SCENARIO Currently in UK on a Tier 1 Visa expiring in Oct 2011. Am in UK on an transfer via my employer (employed in India)

ADVISE REQUIRED :
I am getting net salary and no NI or Tax is deduced, salary slip has only one entry for the net payment ?I checked with my employer and they won;t be able to give the gross earnings. In this case how should I claim the points for earnings? Do I need to claim points only on net earning? Can I convert the same to Gross? (The offer letter is also in net )

You can get a letter from employer, reflecting the amount in your bank statements.

2. . I don't have the P60 ( as employed by Indian company). What are the proof of income I have to show ? Is bank statements and pay slip enough? Again as mention salary slip is net salary so how the case worker will match the gross salary? And against what ?

You can get a letter from employer, reflecting the amount in your bank statements.

3. I am getting the Indian salary? Can I show that as earning to calculate net salary? Do I need to use the uplift factor for conversion ? On the points calculator there is only one option of the country? Can we consider earning from here (UK) and India..as most Indian company do the same

No uplift ratio for extension applications.

4. How much earnings I need to show for claiming points for earning. Is this based on the new rules or old as I grant my Tier 1 before April 2010

same with your previous application, before April 2010

5. I was awarded 20 points for age, will I get the same now ( I am currently 31 years )

5 points for 30 or 31 years of age.

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 am

Hello there,
Thanks for the reply...But still have doubt as below
[quote="mvent00"][quote="blueocean1"]Friends waiting for your input please...

ADVISE REQUIRED :

It will be Net and not gross. In that case I need to show the net salary only?

I have gone through the previous forum and it suggests i will be getting 20 points as of the initial application. As I was 28 during my first application.AM I right here??Appreciate for your reply on this...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:08 am

[quote="blueocean1"]Hello there,
Thanks for the reply...But still have doubt as below
[quote="mvent00"][quote="blueocean1"]Friends waiting for your input please...

ADVISE REQUIRED :

It will be Net and not gross. In that case I need to show the net salary only?

Please see page 20 of 33 of guidance, which says, "This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay."

I have gone through the previous forum and it suggests i will be getting 20 points as of the initial application. As I was 28 during my first application.AM I right here??Appreciate for your reply on this...

Please see page 10 of 33 of guidance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm

[quote="blueocean1"]Friends waiting for your input please...

ADVISE REQUIRED :
You can only claim what is shown on payslip. In your case Net = Gross

Proof of income? What did you do when you made initial application? Refer to guidance notes to know combinations of supporting evidence. Usually, it is salary slips and bank statements.

Convert INR into GBP and add to you existing UK salary (allowance)

Use Point Based Calculator or refer to guidance notes.

Use Point Based Calculator or refer to guidance notes.

Had you read the guidance notes then you won't have been asking fundamental questions on Tier1, specially when it is extension.