ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Vs HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sen
Newly Registered

WP Vs HSMP

Post by sen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm

Hiya!

I'm in england for past 2 yrs in WP. Now my circumstances are changing and if I'm to choose WP or HSMP which would you recommend I take.

I heard HSMP scheme would not let us use public funds like NHS. Do any of you HSMP holders have any ideas and ways to over come this problem

I also heard HSMP will complicate getting a PR status in 5 yrs. How true is this?

HSMP holders anyone please let me know if it will by any way change my mortgage arrangements? does it make it difficult to get better rates or is it just the same as WP

cheers,
sen

sen
Newly Registered

Post by sen » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:21 pm

I didnt think its such a difficult question........ its frustrating.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: WP Vs HSMP

Post by pantaiema » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:25 pm

sen wrote:Hiya!
I'm in england for past 2 yrs in WP. Now my circumstances are changing and if I'm to choose WP or HSMP which would you recommend I take.
I heard HSMP scheme would not let us use public funds like NHS. Do any of you HSMP holders have any ideas and ways to over come this problem
cheers,
sen
Like WP holder, every HSMP holder entitle to NHS for free. NHS is not included in the list Public fund. You pay your NI contribution that is why you entitle to use NHS.
sen wrote:Hiya!
I also heard HSMP will complicate getting a PR status in 5 yrs. How true is this?
cheers,
sen
What do you mean by that ?.

With HSMP you are more flexible as you can change job whenever you want and your prospective employers do not need to apply work permit for you.

From your case it will be defenitely more beneficial for you if you could get HSMP, given that you qualify for HSMP. Your time spent on WP will count for ILR. Thus if you get HSMP you just need 3 more years to be eleigible for ILR.

Pantaiema

sen
Newly Registered

Post by sen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:57 am

I'm not sure about NHS........ I read somewhere in this forum that we need to contribute towards NI but we shall not use NHS until PR is attained.

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:57 pm

sen wrote:I'm not sure about NHS........ I read somewhere in this forum that we need to contribute towards NI but we shall not use NHS until PR is attained.
Sen,

HSMP visa holders are entitled to use the NHS...myself and family are registered in one of the GPs and dentists practising in our area.

normally, when an HSMP visa holder and dependants arrive in the Uk, they will be cleared at the entry point and later will be advised to register with a local GP thru the nearest NHS trust where the individual or family will be initially based.

Then on, each member of the family will be required to undertake some physical checks with the local NHS clinic/center and proceed as normal just like in your local town.

markie

sen
Newly Registered

Post by sen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:00 pm

Thanks Guys!

I read a wrong info sometime back. Thanks for clearing it!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 pm

To assure you
NHS provide basic health. Everybody who is legally live in the UK entitle to use NHS. This is something to do with human right. Everybody entile for basic health and It does not depend whether you contribute or not.

Let say an HSMP visa holders does not work, thus he does not contribute to NI number, he still entitles to use NHS.

Pantaiema