ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gv1kram
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa queries

Post by gv1kram » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

I came to UK recently in Tier1 General visa, now I want to apply for dependent Visa for my wife. Please help me with the below queries..

Evidence of Accommodation: At present I am staying in a shared accommodation. Please let me know what documents I need to submit while applying the dependent visa.

Funds maintenance: I am maintaining the required funds in my Indian bank account from last 4 months. Is this ok or we need to maintain the funds in UK bank only?

Income details: I came to UK 3 months back only and I have only 2 pay slips in UK and the remaining pay slips are from India. Can I submit the same pay slips or we need last 6 month pay slips from UK only?

Thanks,
Vikram

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Dependent Visa queries

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

gv1kram wrote:Hi,

I came to UK recently in Tier1 General visa, now I want to apply for dependent Visa for my wife. Please help me with the below queries..

Evidence of Accommodation: At present I am staying in a shared accommodation. Please let me know what documents I need to submit while applying the dependent visa.

Funds maintenance: I am maintaining the required funds in my Indian bank account from last 4 months. Is this ok or we need to maintain the funds in UK bank only?

Income details: I came to UK 3 months back only and I have only 2 pay slips in UK and the remaining pay slips are from India. Can I submit the same pay slips or we need last 6 month pay slips from UK only?

Thanks,
Vikram
1. You will need tenancy agreement

2. Indian account is okay as long as its in your name/your wife or both. Exchange at oanda.com

3. You can give as many u have

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 pm

You do not need to show the evidence of accommodation.

It is okay.

You do not need payslips, just proof of maintenance funds, copy of your Tier1 visa and your marriage certificate are required for your wife's dependent visa.
ThanksVikram

gv1kram
Newly Registered

Post by gv1kram » Sat May 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Terriblescream. Please guide where you saw that tenancy agreement is required for a dependent visa. Can you provide link to UKBA policy where you saw it. I tried looking at all the documents but no where they mention about tenancy agreement.

Your inputs would be very important.

Thanks,
Jacob
terriblescream wrote:

Thanks,
Vikram

2. Indian account is okay as long as its in your name/your wife or both. Exchange at oanda.com

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:15 am

Jacob123 wrote:Hi Terriblescream. Please guide where you saw that tenancy agreement is required for a dependent visa. Can you provide link to UKBA policy where you saw it. I tried looking at all the documents but no where they mention about tenancy agreement.

Your inputs would be very important.

Thanks,
Jacob
terriblescream wrote:

Thanks,
Vikram

As we have already discussed it several times, Tier 1 dependents do not need tenancy agreement along with their visa applications. They just need to show maintenance funds, that if and when they get visa, they have sufficient resources to get an accommodation, etc. Please see this, this and this link.