ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ss27

Post by ss27 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 am

AliGG wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote:W Salam ali,
My wife did her ielts in Lahore from the British council. The test takes place at pearl continental hotel. This seriously delayed the application by 2 months but I always believed the test should be taken with a reputable institution and British council is the sort of institute whom the British embassy won't raise any objection on even if they tried.

British council only takes test and dosent give any tuition, my wife took private 1-1 tuition but there are loads of centers in Lahore giving tuition for ielts test. I would personally recommend only taking the test with a reputable institute.

Further, I am surprised you didn't send them certified copies of ur passport pages showing entry and exit stamps, but hey it's on your luck as some people's visa have been refused for not sending Nadra marriage certificate but I only sent them original Urdu and English translation so I guess I got lucky.
nice one thanks. I didn't know that we had to provide certified copy of passport.... lets wait and see what they will decide.

Thank you!
Hi

i think there is no need of certified copy as i told u guys befor my wife went twice gerry s offices they chked and they did say there is no need for attestion of sponsor s paper work but the applicants paper work should be attested and certified where applicable

i didnt send certified copy of my passport i think there is no need for that i attached my copy of uk birth certificate

dont worry every thing will be fine Inshallah

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 pm

ss27 wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote:W Salam ali,
My wife did her ielts in Lahore from the British council. The test takes place at pearl continental hotel. This seriously delayed the application by 2 months but I always believed the test should be taken with a reputable institution and British council is the sort of institute whom the British embassy won't raise any objection on even if they tried.

British council only takes test and dosent give any tuition, my wife took private 1-1 tuition but there are loads of centers in Lahore giving tuition for ielts test. I would personally recommend only taking the test with a reputable institute.

Further, I am surprised you didn't send them certified copies of ur passport pages showing entry and exit stamps, but hey it's on your luck as some people's visa have been refused for not sending Nadra marriage certificate but I only sent them original Urdu and English translation so I guess I got lucky.
nice one thanks. I didn't know that we had to provide certified copy of passport.... lets wait and see what they will decide.

Thank you!
Hi

i think there is no need of certified copy as i told u guys befor my wife went twice gerry s offices they chked and they did say there is no need for attestion of sponsor s paper work but the applicants paper work should be attested and certified where applicable

i didnt send certified copy of my passport i think there is no need for that i attached my copy of uk birth certificate

dont worry every thing will be fine Inshallah
Its very unlikely that an application will be refused because sponsor passport copies were not certified, however the passports must be certified, as the sponsors passport can reveal a lot of information that an ordinary person cant understand but is vital to the ECO.

Furthermore I would advise that you certify every copy of your page including blank ones , so there is no doubt in the mind of the ECO that it is a genuine passport and no information is withheld as a number of people who I know have been refused because they 'accidently' forgot to copy of pages that had some info they didn't want the ECO to know.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:***UPDATE****

One of my friend submitted their application islamabad on the 28th Feb 2011 and their application is ready for collection since last friday. Not sure when they gonna pick up but will let you guys know if i hear something from them soon. Good luck to him and his family.

***CHEERS***

AliGG

****SAD NEWS*****

Just to let guys know that there applocation has been refused. I thought their supporting documents were great. The guy is a taxi driver and his paper work was great. I am disappointed but will advise them to be strong.......

I don't know the reasons of why they refused. I will update all once I hear from them. By the way he was from Afghanistan... same as me....

Wish everyone all the best
my dad was telling me that most taxi drivers visa gets rejected, because of the self assessment crap, whos next in line for a reply
Sallam anjum,

Your dad is absolutely right. My friends application has been rejected for the following 2 reasons:

1) You are a bloody taxi driver. There is no evidence of income. LOL
2) The phone you provided does not tell me that you have used them. Therefore im not satisfied....

I ma worried about the 2nd point as I have submitted just Lyca mobile phone cards - no evidence that I have used them. I am getting nervious.... 10 weeks has gone.

Has anyone been refused to just one point - e.g. phone cards.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Cheers,
Ali
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri May 27, 2011 9:34 pm

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:***UPDATE****

One of my friend submitted their application islamabad on the 28th Feb 2011 and their application is ready for collection since last friday. Not sure when they gonna pick up but will let you guys know if i hear something from them soon. Good luck to him and his family.

***CHEERS***

AliGG

****SAD NEWS*****

Just to let guys know that there applocation has been refused. I thought their supporting documents were great. The guy is a taxi driver and his paper work was great. I am disappointed but will advise them to be strong.......

I don't know the reasons of why they refused. I will update all once I hear from them. By the way he was from Afghanistan... same as me....

my dad was telling me that most taxi drivers visa gets rejected, because of the self assessment crap, whos next in line for a reply
Sallam anjum,

Your dad is absolutely right. My friends application has been rejected for the following 2 reasons:

2) The phone you provided does not tell me that you have used them. Therefore im not satisfied....

I ma worried about the 2nd point as I have submitted just Lyca mobile phone cards - no evidence that I have used them. I am getting nervious.... 10 weeks has gone.

Cheers,
Ali
w sallam
i would not worry 2 much, my bengali mate sent phone cards and his wife got her visa.
dont worry inshallah u will get a reply next week

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:

****SAD NEWS*****

Sallam anjum,

Cheers,
Ali
w sallam
i would not worry 2 much, my bengali mate sent phone cards and his wife got her visa.
Thank you! Have you booked you ticket yet? When are you going to pakistan?
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 pm

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote: my dad was telling me that most taxi drivers visa gets rejected, because of the self assessment crap, whos next in line for a reply
Sallam anjum,

Cheers,
Ali
w sallam
yep i have and im off on the 4th, next saturday this time i will be on my flight, lol
im a little worried about my tax issue bcuz i will not be working for 6 weeks unpaid leave. im not really worried about if they contact my employer its only that if they check with hmrc i might have a problem, but inshallah everything will bee fine.
why have the ukba not updated the processing time page on their website. do u have any idea what the figures actually mean????????

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Sallam anjum,

Cheers,
Ali
w sallam
yep i have and im off on the 4th, next saturday this time i will be on my flight, lol
im a little worried about my tax issue bcuz i will not be working for 6 weeks unpaid leave. im not really worried about if they contact my employer its only that if they check with hmrc i might have a problem, but inshallah everything will bee fine.
why have the ukba not updated the processing time page on their website. do u have any idea what the figures actually mean????????
nice one. don't worry about your taz issue.... if u have paid tax recently and been working then that should be sufficient. no need to worry just enjoy your time with the wife...

humm... yeh i have been checking their website for days now and still not updated ..... they are lazy bunch of pple LOL. to be honest I don't trust those figures and that doesn't tell much.... lately most of the application is taking around 11-12 weeks. if you are lucky then you could it before that....

mine exactly 10 weeks today and lets hope i hear something at the ned of next week...

cheers
XX

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
jalebi wrote:Just wanted to ask 2 questions..

How long does it take for a Pakistani citizen to make a passport and ID card?

and

How long does it usually take for a Pakistani citizen to get a spouse visa to UK?
i think that u r asking about a pakistani passport and ID yh,
it will take 30 days for the ID card, (15 days if fast track or urgent application is used), the only difference between the fast track and urgent is that in the fast track u dont need 2 wait in the queues. the price for the urgent is 300rps and fast track is 1000, normal is FREE.
NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THE PASSPORT, I THINK ITS 15 DAYS AND IT COSTS ABOUT 3000-4000RPS, CAN SOME ADD TO THIS
AND FOR UR SECOND QUESTION, WELL IT ALL DEPENDS, IT IS TAKING ABOUT 12 WEEKS
thanks for replying. and yeah, it was for a pakistani passport and ID card. i'm surprised about the spouse visa being granted so quickly, I thought it took 6 months.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri May 27, 2011 10:38 pm

jalebi wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
jalebi wrote:Just wanted to ask 2 questions..

How long does it take for a Pakistani citizen to make a passport and ID card?

and

How long does it usually take for a Pakistani citizen to get a spouse visa to UK?
i think that u r asking about a pakistani passport and ID yh,
it will take 30 days for the ID card, (15 days if fast track or urgent application is used), the only difference between the fast track and urgent is that in the fast track u dont need 2 wait in the queues. the price for the urgent is 300rps and fast track is 1000, normal is FREE.
NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THE PASSPORT, I THINK ITS 15 DAYS AND IT COSTS ABOUT 3000-4000RPS, CAN SOME ADD TO THIS
AND FOR UR SECOND QUESTION, WELL IT ALL DEPENDS, IT IS TAKING ABOUT 12 WEEKS
thanks for replying. and yeah, it was for a pakistani passport and ID card. i'm surprised about the spouse visa being granted so quickly, I thought it took 6 months.
so quickly, lol
the 12 weeks are going to feel like 12 years, how r u getting on with preparing ur documents

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Fri May 27, 2011 10:54 pm

It's actually my brother who needs a visa for his wife. She's passed her English test and now he's working out what documents he needs to prepare and talking to solicitors.

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:34 am

Assalam o Alikum all.
I applied as a fresh case for spouse settlement visa , as husband, on 26/05/2011 and the application reached islamabad os on the same date... kindly add in sheet for guidance and information. profound regards

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Sat May 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Processing times are now updated on ukvisas website. 190 decisions made. 98% within 60days.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Hoping to hear good news in the next week. Please also remember me in your duas.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm

jalebi wrote:It's actually my brother who needs a visa for his wife. She's passed her English test and now he's working out what documents he needs to prepare and talking to solicitors.
have a look at the link below scroll down half way down the page and u will find everything u need
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
it was posted by batleykhan THE GREAT. The post will help u alot.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 28, 2011 1:42 pm

samns wrote:Processing times are now updated on ukvisas website. 190 decisions made. 98% within 60days.

Hoping to hear good news in the next week. Please also remember me in your duas.
i dont get these figures who has had a reply back within 60 days
can sum1 plz explain this in a little more detail

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Looking at the updated visa processing times for April 2011, it seems they have made more than double the desicions from march 2011 and they are working right on there target of 12 weeks. It seems they are now starting to receive a lot of applications as most applicants have now gone through the new English test.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
samns wrote:Processing times are now updated on ukvisas website. 190 decisions made. 98% within 60days.

If you read the text underneath the table it will say all days are in working days, which means 60 working days are 12 weeks.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:

i think i can answer my own question its 60 WORKING DAYS SO IT WORKS OUT 2 BE 12 WEEKS, in lahore and mirpur all settlement visa's were processed in within 60 days, the one thing i still dont get is how can they process some applications in 2/3 days??

UKVA4

12 weeks time

Post by UKVA4 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Assalam o Alikuum. Kindly guide from your experience and observation that 12 weeks time is calculated from submission of application to VAC or from Application under process by BHC. Thanx for all the valuable information and guidance. Profound regards..

ali sher

spouse visa

Post by ali sher » Sat May 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Salam alaikum wr!

Does it make any difference if soponsor is on ILR? please

samns
Newly Registered

Re: 12 weeks time

Post by samns » Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 pm

UKVA4 wrote:Assalam o Alikuum. Kindly guide from your experience and observation that 12 weeks time is calculated from submission of application to VAC or from Application under process by BHC. Thanx for all the valuable information and guidance. Profound regards..
The processing times are calculated from the day the visa application centre received your biometric data, visa application form and supporting documents. The day you submited the application

AliGG

Re: spouse visa

Post by AliGG » Sat May 28, 2011 10:23 pm

ali sher wrote:Salam alaikum wr!

It shouldn't make any difference as you are settled in the UK.
XX

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Ali can you please try post in a way where your response is accumulated in a single post.

When clicking on post reply you have a 'Topic review' just below which you can refer to when responding to someone's posts. The notepad idea is good if you wanna quote specifically but it's longer lol.

As for the processing times data, lol they can change it all they want and update it but it'll be appealing information if they can manage a good % rate in 30 days!

For Islamabad Settlement cases
0% 0% 1% 10% 24% 40% 98% ..........

^^ That right there would be a whole lot better and I'm sure it can be realistic too.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun May 29, 2011 9:11 am

sure shadow bhai
XX

ali sher

Re: spouse visa

Post by ali sher » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 am

AliGG wrote:
ali sher wrote:Salam alaikum wr!

It shouldn't make any difference as you are settled in the UK.
Thanks for your kind reply Ali bhai.
My wife submitted her application along with our 1 year old daughter's application on 28 march. My wife's application status changed in a few days to 'under process' but my daughter's application status still says ' forwarded to islamabad'. Its been 2 months now im sure its enough time for them to start processing my daughter's application aswell?

Our case is not too strong as we could not provide evidence of contact for the whole 2 years period we were apart, its just last 8 months letters, emails and phone bills+cards. We have also provided wedding photos, photos of us two together when i visited her only once during these 2 years. So please pray for us, thanks

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Don't worry brother. InshAllah we will all get the good news soon. There are anlot of people who have supplied minimal amount of evidence and successfully obtained their visas subsequently. I would not be worried. It's all down to our kismat. Keep faith in Allah SAWT. I will be praying for you all.

On another note, you applied on the same day as me. Were you ever contacted by the BHC?