ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dino_123

Accomodation Proof

Post by Dino_123 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:08 am

Dear Friends

I have been approved under HSMP .
I want a Firm accomodation lettter
Problem is that if i pay advance for accomodation and then if my visa is refused it is very difficult to get back money .
Without payment i am not not able to get atleast tentative / Proposed confirmation
how to solve this problem

Kindly inform any sites which deal with rental accomodation confirmation withiout payment .

It is 2 months since i have been approved
Kindly Help me out in this regard .

Dino

elzeem

hi

Post by elzeem » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:11 am

dear

u can tell me ur date submite ur application and ur ref. number
thnx

raoms
Member of Standing

refer ec sticky column

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:41 am

you can refer to EC sticky column. In many cases they do not ask for accomodation proof. If you have any friend in UK ask him to write a letter to you saying that he will take care of your stay over there. Try to find someone here in the board, may be someone can help you.
You are very right at not doing advance booking. By the way do not worry about EC much. There may be some "failed" posting in this board. You keep your heart strong. God willing everything will go smooth. Always remember that 90% get through the EC and surely you will be one of them.

Let all of us know about your appl. Date , Ref.No. Accept Date and date when decision letter was recd by you/

all the best for EC

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:52 am

visit this site :

http://www.welcomehomes.co.uk/booking_procedure.htm

they have fax booking also. You can fax them, or e-mail them saying that this is your case and you need a guarantee of acco. for a week atleast. If they send you some reply /fax you some reply its good or else give then 10 GBP as booking charges and get the letter. Think as if you donated 10GBP.

potinenir
Newly Registered

Post by potinenir » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:23 am

Hi,
I donot know whether it's mandatory about other consulates, but when i applied at the NewYork,USA consulate i didnot submit any accomodation letter accept for giving a hotel address(in the application form) in Reading stating that i might reside in that hotel until i can find a good accomodation.
HTH
Rajp

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:58 pm

Dino_123,
You should be able to give address of a hotel/inn and as long as you are showing proof of savings at the time of EC they should be satisfied.

In any case try the link below. A lot of hotels here give cheap rooms and take bookings without pre-payment.

http://www.laterooms.com/
Mini

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:05 pm

Hi,
Is it okay If the Accomodation letter is a email written by friend in some format or it should be on paper undersigned by him?

Please confirm.

Regards
Puti