ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

Stamp 4?

Post by Ohoopee » Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 am

So I am a little confused by what I just read. I am getting very close to the 5 year mark in terms of residing in Ireland. I currently hold a stamp 1 and a work permit. Last time I went to see my local immigration officer to pay for my registration, I mentioned to him that I was getting close and he said.

"Yeah but as of right now, the Stamp 4 application process is taking two years to complete." However, I just read an article on the Irish immigration website which basically to me sounded like as soon as I reach the 5 year point, I can go to my immigration officer and he just gives me a stamp 4!!!

So what my immigration officer told me last year and what I just read are in direct contradiction of each other unless I am just totally confused. Which is it?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon May 30, 2011 9:24 am

I think he means the applications for Long Term Residency are taking 2 years, although I think that waiting period has come down a bit - inis website says 6 months.
The website here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers

indicates that Stamp 4 will be given after 5 years on consecutive work permits. You should show the immigration officer this. A letter to inis in Dublin may be required.

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Mon May 30, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks for the clarification. That is actually a big relief. I know things are tough all over right now but, there are several part time jobs available in my area that I would be interested in.....but I can't legally until I get the stamp 4. It is very frustrating seeing that job sitting there with me needing more money and I can't take either of them.

But hang tough, almost there. :D

Thanks,

savy

Post by savy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 am

Hope this might help you

Policy for 5 year workers and redundant workers

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers

INIS set out detailed arrangements which would apply in cases of persons who had worked for 5 years or more with work permits and of persons who were made redundant.

This is a consolidated set of arrangements and replaces all previous versions for non-EEA migrant workers (i) who have been employed for 5 or more years with a work permit and (ii) for those who are made redundant.