ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should the sponsor pay for my visa application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barbie1

Should the sponsor pay for my visa application?

Post by barbie1 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 pm

So here is the thing: I am on a PSW permit due to expire in September and will continue to work for my current employer who's soon applying for my CoS. I was thrilled with that and asked no more but my supervisor suggested that I ask the centre administrator/ director who deals with all these to also pay the £550 fee for my application as he believes they should. Now I'd have never come up with this myself, I'd be happy for them to but then again I do not want to be asking something that is inappropriate. So I thought I'd ask here first if I have got any rights to request this or if any of you have? Do you think I should? Cheers

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm

I think it's inappropriate to ask them to pay for your application.

I mean if they offer to pay for your application fee, then I say totally go for it :).

The sponsoring company is not obligated to pay the fee for you. They're already paying for the sponsor licence and your CoS.

mt_dilber

Re: Should the sponsor pay for my visa application?

Post by mt_dilber » Mon May 30, 2011 1:17 pm

barbie1 wrote:So here is the thing: I am on a PSW permit due to expire in September and will continue to work for my current employer who's soon applying for my CoS. I was thrilled with that and asked no more but my supervisor suggested that I ask the centre administrator/ director who deals with all these to also pay the £550 fee for my application as he believes they should. Now I'd have never come up with this myself, I'd be happy for them to but then again I do not want to be asking something that is inappropriate. So I thought I'd ask here first if I have got any rights to request this or if any of you have? Do you think I should? Cheers
u will be lucky if they do. normally employer only pays for COS and applicant pays application fee.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon May 30, 2011 1:19 pm

P/S - just a little advice; please make sure to confirm that the gross salary (prospective earnings) your company puts down on your CoS meets or passes the minimum salary for your Job title, as set out in the UKBA codes of practice, if not it's a refusal straight up.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:23 pm

That's number one on my priority list as I can see on this forum a lot of refusals on the ground that what the applicant and employer have put down were different.

Here is the only copy of the code of practice I can find...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Could someone provide me with a more up to date one or is this the one to use?
Thanks!
Last edited by barbie1 on Mon May 30, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Codes of practice - graduate-level jobs http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

Codes of practice - NVQ level 3 jobs http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /nvq3-cop/

Select the Section that applies to your industry i.e. Section A or Section B and so on.