ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying for Tier-1 Dependent visa....need clarifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Renu Vimal
Newly Registered

Reapplying for Tier-1 Dependent visa....need clarifications

Post by Renu Vimal » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

Hi,

My husband has been on Tier-1 General visa since Dec 2010. We had applied for Tier-1 Dependent visa for me and my twin children on 04 May 2011 at VFS Chennai and got refused on 19th May due to lack of maintenance funds - we had showed Fixed Deposit for the dependent's funds (1600+1600+1600=4800) with bank letter and HDFC savings bank statement for my husband's GBP 2800 which unfortunately, by mistake, fell short by 1 day instead of the prescribed 90 days (in a hurry to apply and get together as a family soon, we overlooked february had 28 days !!)...big mistake and a lesson learnt. anyways going to reapply on the 1st of June and want to be doubly sure.

1. The refusal letter says clearly that they are not satisfied that the required funds have been maintained for a period of 90 days. so this time i m going to show statement of my husband's account starting from 04 February to 25 May (which is more than 90 days) and also a letter from the Bank confirming that the balance has not gone below the required amount. now my question is my husband has couriered his UK bank account statement from 05 Feb to 15 May having a balance of GBP 2300 as of 15th May. Although our maintenance funds are satisfied by showing the FD and savings account that we have here, can we also show this UK account stmt to show that we have some extra funds as well and mention abt it clearly in the covering letter? or do u think it is unnecessary and could be confusing?

2. There are so many threads about the sustenance of relationship, that i have some doubts now. i had submitted our marriage certificate and marriage invitation (though the date of the registration n the actual wedding date are months apart). i had taken wedding photos but the lady at the VFS counter sd its not needed. so can i submit the same set of documents once again. i hope they dont refuse for some other reason this time now that the funds part seems to be fixed.

3. Is it necessary to submit my husband's payslips for the last 3 months? I dont have the lastest one but hv the previous 3 months. so should i submit or avoid?

Hoping to get some replies soon. Thanks

Renu Vimal
Newly Registered

Post by Renu Vimal » Mon May 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Can anyone please clear my doubts...only a day more to go for reapplying and i dont want to take any chances this time....need clarification mainly if i can go ahead and show my husband's UK a/c stmt also as supporting document for funds.

Thanks
Renu Vimal

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon May 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Renu Vimal wrote:Can anyone please clear my doubts...only a day more to go for reapplying and i dont want to take any chances this time....need clarification mainly if i can go ahead and show my husband's UK a/c stmt also as supporting document for funds.

Thanks
Renu Vimal
Hello Renu,

Yes now days they are more curious about subsisting relation ship. So you should send photographs, copy of email conversations or phone bills showing you guys talk to each other, or anything in your joint name etc. yes show your husbands account as well, and mention this in cover letter. A letter from your husband mentioning, he will bear your expenses will be great. Pay slips are not mandatory but will be helpful. Good luck..
Experts can add more advise..

Renu Vimal
Newly Registered

Post by Renu Vimal » Mon May 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks for replying...will include husband's UK acct stmt as well.

Since the refusal last time was due to lack of maintenance of funds only as per the refusal letter, i am rectifying it this time. my concern now is there any chance of refusal this time citing different reason?

Jacob123

Re: Reapplying for Tier-1 Dependent visa....need clarificati

Post by Jacob123 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

1. For maintenance fund go with 2800 for your husband and 1600 each for you and your child. Logically speaking and from all the reading I have done 800 shd be fine for your husband since he is already in UK for less than an year. However there has been few cases where rejection has happened hence I advise 2800 for your husband if that is a possibility.

No need to show any additional and make it more complicated.If there are more than one account used then write a nice covering letter and explain.
2. For subsisting relationship think about ways to present it. Show if there is a joint bank account which is running, if there is a mediclaim policy that your husband has taken where you are covered show it , any Life insurance policy your husband has taken where u are nominee, any joint property, if there is a house owned by your husband and you are the nominee take a letter in society letterhead from the chairman of society, mail exchange between your husband and u, phone bills etc. If you think abt it you will find many ways to present it. Look at one of my posts where I have mentioned what I am showing for this.
3. No need to show your husbands payslip, it is not necessary. However I am showing couple of pay slips and a letter of employment as, both these document will shows my address in UK as well. However it is completely optional.

good Luck and best wishes. Hope you come back and share your experiences as new member of this forum will deserve to be guided by you like you are helped by other members.

Cheers,
Jacob.

Renu Vimal wrote:Hi,

My husband has been on Tier-1 General visa since Dec 2010. We had applied for Tier-1 Dependent visa for me and my twin children on 04 May 2011 at VFS Chennai and got refused on 19th May due to lack of maintenance funds - we had showed Fixed Deposit for the dependent's funds (1600+1600+1600=4800) with bank letter and HDFC savings bank statement for my husband's GBP 2800 which unfortunately, by mistake, fell short by 1 day instead of the prescribed 90 days (in a hurry to apply and get together as a family soon, we overlooked february had 28 days !!)...big mistake and a lesson learnt. anyways going to reapply on the 1st of June and want to be doubly sure.

1. The refusal letter says clearly that they are not satisfied that the required funds have been maintained for a period of 90 days. so this time i m going to show statement of my husband's account starting from 04 February to 25 May (which is more than 90 days) and also a letter from the Bank confirming that the balance has not gone below the required amount. now my question is my husband has couriered his UK bank account statement from 05 Feb to 15 May having a balance of GBP 2300 as of 15th May. Although our maintenance funds are satisfied by showing the FD and savings account that we have here, can we also show this UK account stmt to show that we have some extra funds as well and mention abt it clearly in the covering letter? or do u think it is unnecessary and could be confusing?

2. There are so many threads about the sustenance of relationship, that i have some doubts now. i had submitted our marriage certificate and marriage invitation (though the date of the registration n the actual wedding date are months apart). i had taken wedding photos but the lady at the VFS counter sd its not needed. so can i submit the same set of documents once again. i hope they dont refuse for some other reason this time now that the funds part seems to be fixed.

3. Is it necessary to submit my husband's payslips for the last 3 months? I dont have the lastest one but hv the previous 3 months. so should i submit or avoid?

Hoping to get some replies soon. Thanks