ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Providing extra information when submitting a form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Providing extra information when submitting a form

Post by ZD » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi all.

I was born in the UK and married my wife in Pakistan in 2002 however during which I was waiting for my decree absolute in the UK to come through before my wife could apply for a spouse visa. From 2002 until now my wife has been visiting me in the UK and fell pregant however I am in the final stages of receiving my decree absolute. I have been advised that I must remarry my wife and obtain a new Nikkah post date of my decree absolute.

At the moment, my wife is applying for a NADRA card [national ID card system in Pakistan] and on it it will state that I am her husband, which is correct. However when she applies for a spouse visa she will provide the new Nikkah with a new date and not the 2002 nikkah upon which the NADRA card will be issued. [Will this cause a problem?]

Should my wife explain the above on the form? I’m wondering whether the officer will ask her why she was married twice to me [Once in 2002 and once after the decree absolute]. If we do not explain the situation the situation will look awkward as the government of Pakistan recognised her as my wife before I received my decree absolute and new Nikkah.

Thanks in advance.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:44 am

That makes no difference. There is no need to explain that. She is married to you under Pakistan law.

ZD

Post by ZD » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:05 am

Thanks, but what if they ask why she and I married again?

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:30 am

You can re-register, you can tell them why you got married again thats perfectly OK.

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:40 am

these divorce laws/polygmous marriages are very complicated. my personal experience is BHC islamabad looks for excuses in such cases to refuse the visa (happened to me) if i were you i would get advice from one of the solicitors in uk (preferable who deals with pakistani marriages etc) to get it right first time...otherwise appeals process is very lengthy, expensive and painful
goodluck

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:21 am

There is nothing wrong getting a marriage re-registered, you can ask any solicitor, he will tell you the samething.