ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born Visa Requirement (Parents here on HSMP JR)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

New Born Visa Requirement (Parents here on HSMP JR)

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 30, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

Plz can some Moderator (Sir Sushdmehta)/Senior /Expert guide me what will be the requirements for the visa of my new born.

1) I am expecting a baby in mid August 2011, I along with my husband are here on the HSMP visa (HSMP JR) for three years expiring in mid March 2013.
2) After birth of the baby what documents we need for the baby
3) In which deparments we need to register/enroll the baby
4) Do we need to inform UKBA about the child birth.
5) My and my daughters passport is valid till My husbands passport is valid till
6) Do we need to apply for the Pakistani passport of the new born.
7) How much funds my husband need to show in the account when appling for the visa and for how long?
8-) What documents we need to send and at which address of the UKBA in order to apply visa?

Sir Sushdmehta you expalin in such a way that all the worries are gone.
Hope you will reply.

Best Regards

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Before I can answer (some of) the questions above, I need to know:

What does the main migrant's visa (endorsed in the passport) state - "Highly Skilled Migrant" or "Tier 1 (General) migrant"?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Sir Sushmehta,

Its written Highly Skilled Migrant on my husbands passport.

Me and my daughter are depandants. Visa of all the three was issued for 3 years and will expire in mid March 2013. We all the family entered UK in end May 2010. (approx after 75 days )

Thanks in advance, Sir.

Regards

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: New Born Visa Requirement (Parents here on HSMP JR)

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

The following responses are based on the assumption that the child will be born in the UK.
tehminamazher wrote:2) After birth of the baby what documents we need for the baby
A birth certificate for sure, from an immigration perspective.
tehminamazher wrote:3) In which deparments we need to register/enroll the baby
Ask your GP / midwife.
tehminamazher wrote:4) Do we need to inform UKBA about the child birth.
No.
tehminamazher wrote:6) Do we need to apply for the Pakistani passport of the new born.
Yes, if the child will need to travel outside the UK before either parent is granted settlement (which can only happen in 2015 at the earliest). Post your queries in this regard (Pakistani passport), if any, in the relevant forum.

Your child will not require a visa to live (remain) in the UK. So, if the child will not travel outside the UK until such time that your husband applies for extension in 2013 then you need not make any application to UKBA for the child in the interim period.

But, if the child needs to travel outside the UK before you husband applies for extension in 2013, then the child will need to apply for either leave to remain (from within the UK, before child travels) or entry clearance (from home country, if travelling to home country).

Note: Given that HSMP no longer exists and most of the staff at overseas diplomatic posts are ignorant of the immigration rules concerning HSMP JR migrants, I would strongly suggest that, if the child needs to travel before 2013, then you apply for leave to remain from within the UK before the child travels.

As and when you wish to apply (on behalf of the child) for leave to remain (but before the main migrant applies for extension in 2013):
tehminamazher wrote:7) How much funds my husband need to show in the account when appling for the visa and for how long?
As explained earlier, HSMP JR covered migrants are not subject to Tier 1 (General) qualifying criteria, so there is no requirement to maintain a required amount of "funds". Evidence of main migrant's income (e.g. - payslips and bank statements) covering 3-6 months preceding an immigration application should suffice.
tehminamazher wrote:8-) What documents we need to send and at which address of the UKBA in order to apply visa?
You'll need to check with UKBA (Immigration enquiry bureau) whether you need to use "FLR Tier 1 (HSMP)" form or "FLR(O)" form to apply for leave to remain for the child - when only a dependant is applying for leave and the main migrant is not. I think you'll need to use the latter, but I am not sure - so check with UKBA.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 31, 2011 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Sir Sushdmehta,

Extremely Thankful for clarifying the situation
Yes, if the child will need to travel outside the UK before either parent is granted settlement (which can only happen in 2014 at the earliest). Post your queries in this regard (Pakistani passport), if any, in the relevant forum.
I am unable to understand how this can happen, as in our case it will 3+2 which comes to 2015.

Also will there be any fees which have to pay for the babys visa.

Regards

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 30, 2011 6:14 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Sir Sushdmehta,

Extremely Thankful for clarifying the situation
Yes, if the child will need to travel outside the UK before either parent is granted settlement (which can only happen in 2014 at the earliest). Post your queries in this regard (Pakistani passport), if any, in the relevant forum.
I am unable to understand how this can happen, as in our case it will 3+2 which comes to 2015.
My mistake, (typo) error corrected.
tehminamazher wrote:Also will there be any fees which have to pay for the babys visa.
Yes. The applicable fees are mentioned on the form(s) and associated guidance(s). Since fees are subject to changes (increases), refer to the appropriate form / guidance at the time of application.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks again Sir Sushmehta,

Can u please send me the link to the relevant forms , guidance for that purpose.

Regards

Tehmina

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks Vinny,

But which form to use for my baby visa as my husband is granted Highly Skilled Migrant visa and is covered under HSMP JR.

Regards

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 am

tehminamazher wrote:Thanks again Sir Sushmehta,

Can u please send me the link to the relevant forms , guidance for that purpose.

Regards

Tehmina
Already provided in my response above.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 31, 2011 12:22 am

When was your husband's HSMP letter issued?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 am

Vinny, background info. in this topic.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am

Thanks! Consolidation of background information is why posters should stick/link to their original threads. I think that you're probably right with FLR(O).