ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Established Student Presence ! Student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail

Established Student Presence ! Student visa

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi there,

I am struggling alot i hope if any one of you through light on my matter will help me out!...

My problem is that my employer is not giving me tier 2 work permit as company wnt into financialproblem as she had to give me 20k as prospective earning,currently i am on psw visa to be expired in oct2o11..

I have left no other choice thn to switch back to student visa..now my question is since i have only 5 months left for my visa to expire,if i take admission now in 1 yr management course ,would i be counted as established presence in the UK once my renewal to visa approaches in oct.pls note it will be a college where i intend to take admission.also since it wil be 12 months course would i have 20hrs for woking??

Pls note i was a student here until 2007 december,afterwards i started to work and now my employer at last minute has pulled out in terms of company's financial problms...

Pls help and kindly clarify me the establised presence criterira,if taking admission now will help me to fulfil established criteria i wud take admission now...

Waiting for ur reply..

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Established Student Presence ! Student visa

Post by Greenie » Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm

sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail wrote: currently i am on psw visa to be expired in oct2o11..

I have left no other choice thn to switch back to student visa..now my question is since i have only 5 months left for my visa to expire,if i take admission now in 1 yr management course ,would i be counted as established presence in the UK once my renewal to visa approaches in oct.pls note it will be a college where i intend to take admission.also since it wil be 12 months course would i have 20hrs for woking??

Pls note i was a student here until 2007 december,afterwards i started to work and now my employer at last minute has pulled out in terms of company's financial problms...

Pls help and kindly clarify me the establised presence criterira,if taking admission now will help me to fulfil established criteria i wud take admission now...

Waiting for ur reply..

Thanks
See Appendix C of the Immigration Rules

14. An applicant will have an established presence studying in the UK if the applicant has current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, Student or as a Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist and at the date of application:

(i) has finished a single course that was at least six months long within the applicant's last period of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain, or
(ii) is applying for continued study on a single course where the applicant has completed at least six months of that course.

You can't show an established presence in the UK as a student if you are switching from PSW.

With regard to working this currently depends on the level of your course, if it is degree level or a foundation degree you can work 20 hours per week during term time. If the course is below degree level then you can only work 10 hours a week during term time. See 245ZW. Period and conditions of grant

Note planned changes due to come into place in summer this year will mean that if you are studying at a private college you will not be able to work full time regardless of the level of your course.

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi there,

Thanks very much..This means that student visa is not the right visa for me as there will be no working option in terms if i take admission in some college and if i take admission in uni then again its over 10K which i had to spend ..I really dont understand this system tat i am already postgraduate and working and after staying in this country for over 6 yrs...really dont understand wht will do...anyway thanks alot...In case you can give me any suggestion pls feel free.....Many thanks...

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi There,

Can i switch to tier 1 general Highly skilled from psw???????????

Pls reply soon.

Many Thanks,

Sarah

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail wrote:Hi There,

Can i switch to tier 1 general Highly skilled from psw???????????

-Unfortunately no, you can't switch to Tier 1 (general) as it is now closed to all categories except the following;

-highly skilled migrant
-writer, composer or artist
-self-employed lawyer
-Tier 1 (General)
-Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), if you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General).

Pls reply soon.

Many Thanks,

Sarah

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Mon May 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Many Thanks,

Can you pls tell me for enterprenuer visa can i only show £50K would this help or someone can give me a letter that this amount is available to me for the bussiness plan??

Looking forward for your reply....

many thanks once again.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 pm

[quote="sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail"]Many Thanks,

Can you pls tell me for enterprenuer visa can i only show £50K would this help or someone can give me a letter that this amount is available to me for the bussiness plan??

From what i understand, according to the policy guidance for this category, the 'someone' that would make this amount available to the applicant should be either;

(i) one or more registered venture capital ï¬

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Many Thanks DDB,
:)))