ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun May 29, 2011 12:48 pm

ali sher bhai,

Don't worry, my son's status haven't changed either. They have told me that my wife's and my son's application will be treated as one. So don't worry bahi jaan.

My case is not strong either especially communication evidence. I just provided wedding photos, some other photos of us togther... thats all.

ali sher bhai I hope we all hear some good news soon......
XX

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun May 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Jazak Allah brothers Ali and mgsBoy86, we should have full reliance on Allah that He can do anything. And we should pray for others first that makes our dua more stronger.

The Prophet (saw) said “Whoever prays for his brother behind his back has an angel saying to him, ‘And for you the same’.â€

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 pm

mgsBoy86 bhai BHC has not contacted any of us, the sponsor, applicant and not even the employer.

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Salaam,

What is the period that one MUST enter UK after obtaining Settlement Visa?

I thought the visa is valid for 27 months, and one can travel at anytime without those first 3 months after the visa issue date. Has there been any recent changes to this law, I know for sure this was the case previously as my aunt travel at the end of 3 months, but my wife has been informed by several people its 28 days! :shock: (im pretty confident most people are relating to visit visa etc but please do update me)

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks for your reply to my question Ali bhai. I was just curious. For every application, they do not necessarily contact the sponsor, employer or applicant. Let's keep our chins up. The good news for us all will be here soon inshAllah :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 30, 2011 5:28 pm

afzal786 wrote:Salaam,

I thought the visa is valid for 27 months, and one can travel at anytime without those first 3 months after the visa issue date. Has there been any recent changes to this law, I know for sure this was the case previously as my aunt travel at the end of 3 months, but my wife has been informed by several people its 28 days! :shock: (im pretty confident most people are relating to visit visa etc but please do update me)
3 months

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm

batleykhan wrote:
afzal786 wrote:Salaam,

3 months
Many thanks, Apparently my wife managed to get hold of people in Islamabad who also confirmed the above.

Good luck to all, Im also eagerly awaiting for your responses (InshahAllah all should get positive outcomes, nevertheless even negative outcomes could be very positive in the longrun as Allah does everything for a reason ) :D

naheem_21
Newly Registered

Post by naheem_21 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:32 am

Salaam Shadow86,

My wife submitted her application on the 5th April 2011. The status changed to "under process at the BHC" on the 19th April. According to my calculations the 12 week period concludes on the 5th July 2011 so Inshallah expecting some good new soon.

Would appreciate it if you could add these details to the spreadsheet.

Jazak Allah

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:23 am

@ anjum786mohammed

Salaam, just a word of advice........I'm just preparing you for the worst......whilst it's great that you are going to Pakistan to see your mrs etc etc & it would show further proof of contact etc etc....

God forbid..........If they refuse the visa first time around & you have to appeal against their decision you will have to provide your circumstances @ the time the refusal was made.........

So im thinking..........If they refuse the decision during the time you were @ Pakistan & you appeal.........well you have no income for that period so what evidence will you appeal with???

I would personally wait until a decision is made & then think of going over.........but all best laid plans & all that...........

I apologise in advance, my motive is not to stress you out.........just some advice??

Thanks

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 am

God forbid that there is a refusal (inshAllah it will be a positive outcome), I thought you only have to provide further evidence pertaining only to the refusal reasons.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am

If the refusal is income related then it would be problematic........if the refusal wasn't income related then its ok.........Inshallah it wont come to that, I guess im just being too careful after the nightmare year that i have been through

ss27

Post by ss27 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:Thanks for your reply to my question Ali bhai. I was just curious. For every application, they do not necessarily contact the sponsor, employer or applicant. Let's keep our chins up. The good news for us all will be here soon inshAllah :)
Salam

Inshallah we will having good news soon

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 am

Sallam guys, any good news yet?
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:51 am

Personally, I believe that taking unpaid leave shouldn't be a problem. It always possible to obtain confirmation from the company about the unpaid leave and to supply this to the ECO. Every now and then, we all take unpaid leave due to large planned events (I took unpaid leave for my marriage in Pakistan) and will be taking more in the near future.

As long as you explain these things it should be ok. Best to get this confirmed by someone more experienced, though.

No use getting worried about something that has not happened, and inshAllah will not happen.

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Hello Shadow86,

Can you Please update the spreadsheet as my Husband has submitted his application to Islamabad office today :D

A HUGE HUGE Thank You to BatleyKhan from Myself and my Husband for all your help. May Allah swt make all your dua's come true.
A truley kind and helpful human being.

Best Of Luck to everyone

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

This whole visa process has really ticked me off. I've been married for 10 months and only spent 1 month with my husband.

This whole long-distance thing has really deteriorated our relationship to the point where I think I just want out. I can't cope with it. If this goes to appeal I seriously am not interested in it. I am past breaking point. I really don't know what to do. I have no support whatsoever. If I ask friends for a bit of solace they reply with "shouldn't have married a mangy" but he was the perfect guy until I married him. I knew him for 2 years before we got married and outside of mine and his relationship we have known his family for generations we might as well be related.

I am just really sick and tired of it all. I guess all I want is some support and prayers of people who genuinely feel my pain.

Duas

fz158

Post by fz158 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm

skah786 wrote:This whole visa process has really ticked me off. I've been married for 10 months and only spent 1 month with my husband.

This whole long-distance thing has really deteriorated our relationship to the point where I think I just want out. I can't cope with it. If this goes to appeal I seriously am not interested in it. I am past breaking point. I really don't know what to do. I have no support whatsoever. If I ask friends for a bit of solace they reply with "shouldn't have married a mangy" but he was the perfect guy until I married him. I knew him for 2 years before we got married and outside of mine and his relationship we have known his family for generations we might as well be related.

I am just really sick and tired of it all. I guess all I want is some support and prayers of people who genuinely feel my pain.

Duas

Heh, I feel your pain. I have been married to my wife for 2.5 years but it was only in October 2010 that she turned 21 and so we could apply for her visa. And u guessed it, settlement visa was rejected even tho inbetween she has come to the Uk on exact same documents twice on visitor visas! We only had one reason of rejection which was nonsense and still no reply from these guys in relation to appeal.

Me and my wife now just seem to argue every other day simply because we are not together. The time difference doesnt help and often I work long hours, and then she wants just more than Saturday and Sunday, which i can understand.

We have been at breaking point since we got the rejection but some how we are still somehow together. You just have to stick it out whether its successful or not because you need to look at long term happiness as opposed to short term. Life is never straightforwards as I have learnt and can be really tough but often after those diffculties you are rewarded for your will, belief and patience.

Stick it out and Inshallaha everything will be good in the end. Dont worry I am going through your pain plus a million and i dont know how but i am still standing (only if the Home office could see what this process does to couples!)

Tc
Zaki

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 pm

skah786 wrote:This whole visa process has really ticked me off. I've been married for 10 months and only spent 1 month with my husband.

Duas
Hi

I am sorry to hear about your plight of being separated from your loved one for so long. I think your family and friends don't help by being so negative about your marriage . I can only presume its cos of the fact that you married someone you liked rather than someone they liked.

You always take a risk by marrying someone from Pakistan,because there is a good possibility that your spouse being refused and going through the rigour of appealing and the time that consumes.Furthermore I have been reading a report that people marrying from Pakistan can be legally discriminated by an ECO when deciding on the case. This unfortunately is rife amongst Pakistani applicants and the ECO are using it frequently to refuse an applicant for a minor or no reason at all. This is done purely for the sake of controlling immigration from this country. Basically they don't want you to get married from there.
Unfortunately some people like you and others cannot take it any more, and the anguish that that you are facing is exactly what this government wants in the hope that other girls like yourself think twice or refuse to marry someone from Pakistan.

You must not give up if you love your husband. If you do it will have a lot more serious implication than what you are facing at the moment. You must have sabr and patience. Do not give up.This is a test from Allah swt upon you.He is testing you. If you have sabr and turn towards Allah swt and pray to him, he will definetely answer your prayers.

You will inshallah be with your husband soon, i promise you that.I will help you in my own time to make sure this will happen inshallah. All you need to do is to have sabr, and stop listening to your friends with those sarcastic comments.They want to see you suffer and be unhappy. You must be strong for your own self as well as your hubby.

If you miss home so much, why not go and spend a few days with him in Pakistan if time allows you to do so,

You will find a lot of friends amongst this board, who will help you along with words of encouragement. You are not alone.
Good luck

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 pm

JazakAllah brother Batleykhan and Zaki

Your replies bought tears to my eyes I think it was just what I needed.

You have no idea how much it has lifted my spirits inshaAllah hope to hear good news soon and inshaAllah I pray for both of you that you are successful and happy in dunya and akhirah and anyone and everyone going through this process or supporting people through it.

I'm just hoping he gets some good news soon inshaAllah and the distance is eliminated.

JazakAllah again.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 31, 2011 8:59 pm

The prolonged separation is causing everybody misery.....

We have sent another mail to BHC to provide us with some updates..... its been 11 weeks. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
XX

sehrish
Newly Registered

hello

Post by sehrish » Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 pm

iam new on diz forum...i submitted my settlement visa application on 15 march 2011 ,under process 28 march 2011,now itz been 11 weeks no response from BHC..one more week left ...i idid so many emails to bhc but no reply :(...BHC didn't contact my husband's Employer yet,, he works in HSBC...my solicitor told me that ur case is so strong..but m still worried...i applied my visa from mirpur visa centre....the time iz killing me ..jst want to hear good newz..really missing my husband :( and shadow86 plz include my details in spreadsheet

Visa Submitted: 15-03-2011
forwarded to OC: 15-03-2011
under process: 28-03-2011
waiting for their response

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

I feel your pain :(

Its so hard being seperated. Try to pray a lot. Trusting in Allah is helping me get through this process.
You just have to stick it out whether its successful or not because you need to look at long term happiness as opposed to short term
^^^ Well said. Remembering that helps me keep a positive attitude. And helps me to keep happy despite the horrible situation I am in.

Sehrish we have simmilar dates InshaAllah should here good news within the next few weeks. Keep us updated.

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

I feel your pain folks, and yes having good friends really helps here, and also a strong faith.

I think its difficult marrying someone abroad, oddly enough I used to be dead set against marriages from the homeland, but look at me now lol.

Truth be told, if the ECO's are discriminating against pakistani's now, then we need to prepare ourselves for the worst. Fortunately with technology we can stay in regular contact and in reality if it looks like a lengthy appeal process is going to happen, go and spend a week or two with your spouse.Its not cheap i know, but sometimes you gotta do wot u gotta do!

Im only in week 3 at the moment, but im going to try and gear myself up for the worst, i think ive dropped a big un, by not sending the UK Naric letters with my Missus' certificates.

so with that in mind, can someone explain the appeals procedures and timescales involved etc.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

CRT7 wrote:@ anjum786mohammed

Salaam, just a word of advice........I'm just preparing you for the worst......whilst it's great that you are going to Pakistan to see your mrs etc etc & it would show further proof of contact etc etc....

God forbid..........If they refuse the visa first time around & you have to appeal against their decision you will have to provide your circumstances @ the time the refusal was made.........

So im thinking..........If they refuse the decision during the time you were @ Pakistan & you appeal.........well you have no income for that period so what evidence will you appeal with???

I would personally wait until a decision is made & then think of going over.........but all best laid plans & all that...........

I apologise in advance, my motive is not to stress you out.........just some advice??

Thanks
mgsBoy86 wrote:God forbid that there is a refusal (inshAllah it will be a positive outcome), I thought you only have to provide further evidence pertaining only to the refusal reasons.
CRT7 wrote:If the refusal is income related then it would be problematic........if the refusal wasn't income related then its ok.........Inshallah it wont come to that, I guess im just being too careful after the nightmare year that i have been through
mgsBoy86 wrote:Personally, I believe that taking unpaid leave shouldn't be a problem. It always possible to obtain confirmation from the company about the unpaid leave and to supply this to the ECO. Every now and then, we all take unpaid leave due to large planned events (I took unpaid leave for my marriage in Pakistan) and will be taking more in the near future.

As long as you explain these things it should be ok. Best to get this confirmed by someone more experienced, though.

No use getting worried about something that has not happened, and inshAllah will not happen.
i know wht u all mean, but the way i am thinking is that if i am not happy without my wife what is the point of me working, im not even going to joke about this if i was offered a good job in pk, i will go 2 day, but jobs are hard 2 cum everywhere, sumtimes i think what was the point of going uni when i work as a sales assistant, but i enjoy my job, its a good laugh,
i spend more time talking 2 my wife then the amount of work i do. lol

if the eco does contact my employer he will only say good things,
and also i think the eco will only want to verify if i work for my employer or not, if they ask him where am i than he will say that i am on holiday and if they dont than he will not mention anything about the holiday.

THE ADVICE I GIVE TO EVERYONE IS LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY IT.

SHADOW86 IS THE LAYOUT FINE, LOL

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 pm

The ECO will only want to verify if you work for the company. They are not interested in where you are the moment they have established contact with your employer because that is not relevant to the application. But yes, life is way too short to worry about things like this.

There is no use thinking negatively, as only bad things will happen if you think like that. Tackle the problems as they come. Don't get hyped up about something that hasn't even happened yet. Believe in Allah, stay happy and forget your worries. Have full reliance on Him. And think, if Allah has blessed us all by bringing our partners into our lives, one day, somehow, we will be reunited with them.

We are all in the same boat. If you have a problem and need support or advice, then please do post here. We are all here for each other.

Anjum, my landlord is a nice old fella. I once told him that if it comes to it, I will move to Pakistan and work there. That's how much I love my wife. He was absolutely shocked. He responded by saying how long can I live there due to the harsh living conditions. Well, to be honest, when you're in love, you can do absolutely anything, even if it defies your own logic. He was genuinely shocked lol. He asks every time when I go round to pay the rent if I have heard any news about the visa application. Genuinely nice guy :)

Anyway. Everyone, please keep your heads up. Stay positive and stay happy. I shall be praying for you all.