ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR – Earnings Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rentmeda

ILR – Earnings Letter

Post by rentmeda » Tue May 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying shortly for ILR (WP (2006-2011) + HSMP Approval letter (Stamped as Tier 1 2008- 2011)). I meet the earnings requirement from two sources employed and self employed. I have an account letter confirming my earnings from the two sources from the last 12 months by way of payslips and invoices submitted. All earning come into the same account.

My question is I have requested and been given a letter from my Employer confirming my employment. Do I need anything similar for the self-employed from the company I am doing work for?

Thanks

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi

Can anyone please advise.
Will the accountants P&L statement be enough for the self-employed part to show the gross earnings before tax.

thanks

ilrjune11
Newly Registered

Post by ilrjune11 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:59 pm

I am in a similar situation as yours. I don't think you need a letter from the company that you are working for while being self employed. In my case, for the self employment part, I am taking the following with me:

1. Detailed letter from accountant setting out company information and a table showing the breakup of Net dividend, Tax credit and salary.
2. Draft company accounts to cover the period (for which earning is claimed).
3. Balance Sheet (I will sign this as Director).
4. Profit and loss account.
5. Dividend Vouchers and Payslips.
6. Business and personal bank statements.

I plan to submit only the accountant letter (with earning breakup) and personal bank statements. The rest will be submitted only if asked for.

(Not sure if this is enough but what I understood from reading many threads here, it is better not to submit any unnecessary document as this might confuse the caseworker. On the other hand the recent announcement by UKBA regarding appeal process makes me thnik I should submit all documents. Confused!!)

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you ilrjune11 I will take all the paper work provided by my accoutant and also the HMRC letters with NI contributions and invoice to cover the self employed part.