ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS does not accept application for travel documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pear
Newly Registered

INIS does not accept application for travel documents

Post by Pear » Tue May 31, 2011 1:53 pm

TRAVEL DOCUMENT UPDATE:

Testing of the new system which will be used in the processing of the new travel document is nearing completion.

In the interim INIS is now not in a position to issue any further 1951 Convention Travel Documents. Temporary Travel Documents will continue to be issued upon receipt of application in the usual manner. Further information regarding the date for commencement of processing of applications will be posted shortly.

28 April 2011

I have booked my holidays months ago for end of July and contacted the travel documents depratment in INIS for renewal as mine will be expired in a few weeks and was told that they don t accept applications at the moment and they cannont give me an estimate when they will start receiving applications. What is going on ??? Anyone has similar experience ??

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Ask for an emergency travel document. They should issue that if you explain your position. Good luck
Its never too late

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Ok, if you're looking to get a new travel document (submit photos, fill the form, get a garda to sign the form... ect) because it's your first application for a travel document or because your old one had already been reduced 4 times, then they won't process the application because they're working on the new ones.

However, if you already have a travel document that's got expired, there's room in it for renewal, and you need to travel, then send it to them with the 12 euro fee and a copy of your GNIB card and they'll renew it for you.

I'm travelling in mid-june and I sent them my old one with the fee and a copy of my ticket to proof my travel plans and they renewed it and sent it back in 3 days.

Pear
Newly Registered

Post by Pear » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Sinolate wrote:Ok, if you're looking to get a new travel document (submit photos, fill the form, get a garda to sign the form... ect) because it's your first application for a travel document or because your old one had already been reduced 4 times, then they won't process the application because they're working on the new ones.

However, if you already have a travel document that's got expired, there's room in it for renewal, and you need to travel, then send it to them with the 12 euro fee and a copy of your GNIB card and they'll renew it for you.

I'm travelling in mid-june and I sent them my old one with the fee and a copy of my ticket to proof my travel plans and they renewed it and sent it back in 3 days.
there is no room for a new renewal stamp in my travel document therefore it is required to apply for a new one. I have e mailed travel document section and was told not to send my application form (which is ready and signed+ paid for last week) as they are not in a position to issue a new one until further notice as they are testing the system This is very unfair. provisions should have been made for those who need a new travel document meanwhile. The worst thing is that they won t even give an estimate date when the applications will be processed. I don t know what to do have the tickets bought

Malika

Post by Malika » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 pm

My understanding is that they will not issue the "hard cover" one i.e. for recognised refugee. what if you tried to get the "soft cover" one though I think you might also need a re-entry visa.......... just presuming!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA