ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lived in Uk since 2005, what do i apply for now?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adjo
Newly Registered

Lived in Uk since 2005, what do i apply for now?

Post by adjo » Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 pm

I am a EEA citizen and have been here since 2005. My Blue card permit thing that i cant remember what is called expired in march 2011. So what do i apply for now? I have worked on and off, i use the NHS no cover and im currently unemployed!

I am a dual norweigan and american citizen. My first son is born in usa and only holds a usa passport and he wont qualify for norweigan citizenship(already looked into it) his permit expired in march 2011. And my second son is born here and he has dual nationality as i do.

So what comes next? If anything :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 pm

When you say "working on and off", were you actively looking for work in the "off" periods (and do you have evidence of your efforts)? Did you register with the Jobcentre?

Your right to be in the UK doesn't depend on your Registration Certificate, but it does depend on your exercising Treaty rights (working, studying, being self-sufficient etc.).

You may already have acquired Permanent Residence status, but this depends on what you have been doing. Can you list the dates when you were working/jobseeking etc?